cit withdrawl

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey everyone my name is shawn and m from NYC. i have been on many meds for healthy axienty for about 10-13 years. due to a great job, exercise, and better diet i have been feeling good and decided i want to be med free. the last 6 years i have been on klonopin 1mg a day with .5 in the morning and .5 at night. and celexa 40mg for about 6yrs as well. with the doctors approval in febuary i decided to wean off. i went off klonpin cold turkey without a single issue which she was very shocked/happy to see. she then cut my celexa from 40-20mg in which again i had ZERO withdrawl effects. last week she gave me the ok to go from the 20 to stopping completely. i have been off now for 6 days. i dont feel any anxiety, brain zaps, etc but i do feel like everything is fake like very confused, and out of it almost like a drank a ton of nyquil or something. and a bit dizzy. i read this is fairly common and im wondering how long this tired,half asleep, confused feeling has lasted for some of you. also have any of you added 5htp, l tryptophan or anything as a natural seretonin booster during withdrawl? thanks for any input and tell me there is hope here.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,

Dont know how long for you to feel better again after weaning off, ive read some forum that it take 2-3 months for them to feel better again...

I think you should wean gradual, dont stopped suddenly,,, some of people who weaned off decreased there meds slowly like from 40 to 35mg...

Hopefully youll get better soon...

• Posted

Hello.

I have just stopped too. I am a week off of them. I took them for the same reason anxiety. And j feel drunk. No other effects though. At all. Sex drive is a bit more and I have some more get up and go. But the head fuzzy. I have found if I drink a glass of wine. Just one it counter acts it. I am not a big drinker and not saying drink I just found by the evening I thought I'd try a glass and my head stopped being fuzzy. I guess I am lucky so far. But I also feel so positive about getting off of tablets. I wish you well on your journey.

• Posted

update im 12 day in and all symptoms are gone. very lucky to have a such a tolerance to these pills. god bless all of you. exercise everyday and healthy diet is key to beeting this stuff.
    • Posted

Good to hear that,,

Stay healthy ,strong and happy

I hope to be in your position in the future, but now need to take the med ...

Jv

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.