Citalopram 10 mg for almost 3 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Monday will be 3 weeks that's I've been on Citalopram 10 mg. For awhile now I been having that dreamy like feeling like derealization and its freaking me out. I'm about ready to give up. I want to feel ok again. When will this get better. I've stopped working for over a month now to try and work on myself and get better. My sleep is a little better and i don't have as much negative thoughts anymore. My anxiety is also a little better. I just don't like this dreamy feeling sad

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been on Celexa for 2 weeks now and my symptoms are slowly getting better with time. I still get a weary feeling about being by myself at night while my husband is at work. But I've mentioned that to my Dr and he said in time all these effects should go away. Just got to give it time. I am a very worry some person as it is. Since being put on this medicine I have gotten some better but like I said I have only been on it for 2 weeks. So I will just be patient and see what happens in the next few weeks and see if I notice a drastic change or not.
  • Posted

Did you feel the dr realization before or after the pills. I tried to take the pill one day, but I had too many new symptoms, like pins and needles, bad Nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia and even worse was the dread.

Maybe it will just take you more time to feel better,

• Posted

All the side effects I've read about and have felt I have talked with my Dr about and he said they are normal side effects. I just have to give them time. I told him about my eating habits and he said that those side effects should pass as time goes on. I'm going to stay on track and I go back to see him in a month and I will probably know more of how everything is reacting by then
    • Posted

I have felt that before. But it doesn't last too long. But my worst system is just the dread and general anxiety.

• Posted

My general anxiety has seemed to calm down. I take my meds in the Am because if I wait to take them at night my Anxiety seems to get worse. I just deal with major heart burn and lack of appitite but that is also a side effect that I hope will pass as time goes on.
    • Posted

It's a very sucky feeling. I have generalized anxiety disorder. And I literally worry all day long about some of the stupidest things. Like "what if this" or "what if that" or thinking I have this or that etc.. And I've been like his for years. I'm sick of it. So I've decided to finally get real help and get better. My symptoms have gotten a little bit better since starting the medication.
    • Posted

I take mines at 9 pm. At first I couldn't sleep. But my sleep has gotten better. And I'm not waking up with so much anxiety like I use too. But once I start relaxing my anxiety just comes back. Very annoying.
    • Posted

Mine have to. We both just have to be patient I guess. I have never felt with Anixtey before. So this is all very new to me
  • Posted

Anxiety and worrying is so bad today 😔😔 this isn't fair
    • Posted

I'm so sorry I hope you can get some rest tonight. Just try and relax and unwind. Drink some warm milk or some hot tea and just relax
  • Posted

Hey Daisey,

Good news these signs are promising I had these side effects "feeling out of it" Yet the benefits also 'better sleep less fatique,negative thoughts' A year on I feel normal and have started weaning off. They take a while to kick in but once they do the meds are very very good smile Hnag in there make sure you give them a good chnace to work wink

• Posted

Ok thanks because there's been times I'm ready to call it quits with the citalopram. Even tho today has only been 3 weeks. I'm not a patient person at all. I want to wake up and all this anxiety be gone. I don't like this foggy dream like feeling at all. Then I went to see my therapist today and they think I might have Adult A.D.D
    • Posted

Hang in there Daisey I dont think anyone is pateint when it comes to our own health! I have a lot of good to say about Citalopram and plenty of others also! re-ADD at least they have some suggestions for how you are feeling the not knowing can be extremely frustrating so thats half the battle won wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.