Citalopram 10mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody else on this med have a shaking feeling inside but u cant see it?

Xx

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes!! Feeling like you're vibrating inside? xx apparently it'll wear off xxx
    • Posted

Thank god

Thought I was going insane

Kept asking everyone if they can see me shake haha

How are you today xx

• Posted

Ha ha, snap xx I'm not too bad today thanks, yesterday was a bit rubbish but im far better than at the beginning of this journey xx fingers crossed it does its proper thing soon xxx
  • Posted

Good morning niketa

yes this sensation is quite normal in the early stages of taking cit. I also had hand tremors as well as feeling shaky internally. Are you experiencing any other side effects? (I hope not but if you do just post here and we can put your mind at rest) have you thought anymore about taking a little time off work whilst you are adjusting to these meds? You really need support over this period. Have you taken a diazepam. .This will help with that shaky feeling.

god bless

here for you xxx

• Posted

Hiya

Yes I had to phone in sick as I left for work got to the end of the drive had a massive panic attack and had to go back.

Im going to see if the dr can talk to my boss to expalin what im going through.

Ive tried coping mechanisms and my daughter is taking my mind off it sometimes.

Im dreading taking her to school or play groups.

Erm yeah my anxiety is still quite bad sometimes I have good days today is ok at the moment.

Ive carried on with some knitting and jigsaws to help.

Erm yeah I have no appetite at all feel sick have headaches a terrible dry mouth.

Thank you.

How are you xxc

• Posted

Hi all those side effects I know well! I guzzled so much water the first few weeks. I lost a lot of weight too due to a complete drop in appetite. These side effects will go niketa but this is really the time where you need to be kind to yourself and rest as much as possible. Have you got a friend who could drop your daughter to playschool tomorrow? I canimagine how difficult things must be for you at the moment. Please tap into support from friends and family if you can to help you over the next couple of weeks.

Here for you....god bless x

• Posted

Yeah

At the moment im living on juice.

I dont really want to leave the house thats when I'm worse now.

Touch wood my mil can take me to the drs n take baby to playgroup

Thank you xxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine how long was it before you felt better I'm on week 5 20mg had a good 4 days now feeling rough again, I'm drinking so much water, I have hardly any appetite x
    • Posted

I'm sure you've said somewhere else already but I can't remember, how long have you been taking them? xxx
    • Posted

Hi niketa

can someone go out and get you a protein drink? I lived on bananas and chocolate complan (270 calories each sachet) for quite some time. This way you will get some nutrients in into you. It will get better I promise you. but the first couple of weeks can be really difficult.

• Posted

Hi liz

I started on 10mg for 8 weeks then on to 20mg for another 7 weeks. I then went up to 30mg. After another month or so I went to 40mg. Been on this dose for around 8 weeks. Although my depression is better I am nowhere near recovered. In saying that I'm fairly good in the evenings but like a zombie in bed throughout the day mostly. Citalopram has numerous successful endorsements. Many people do get full recovery on this drug. Unfortunately I'm not one of them so in the process of tapering off cit and due to start a new antidepressant.

my gp advised if after three months you are not feeling better it is the time to consider something new. How are you managing at the moment? Are you able to do a few things?

I hope I haven't put negativity in this response as that's not my intention. Citalopram is a highly rated AD. Let me know how your doing liz xxx

• Posted

If you read the thread 'why is it so hard to get on  "citalopram" you can read our journeys (3 of us are now on week 5) and although we are not quite sorted yet we are far better than we were xxx you are doing the hard bit now and at your stage I dont think any of us were leaving the house much either so you're doing the same as us just a month behind! Xxx big hug xx
    • Posted

Struggling Lorraine, I've been on this before and was successful, I'm 6 weeks in at 20mg , anxiety seems to be getting worse, I just want to stay in bed, no appetite, desperately trying to not take diazepam, I'm scared to go out x
    • Posted

Liz

I really hope you see your doctor as you should be getting a bit of relief by now. I got like this and thought I was becoming agoraphobic. Once my dose was upped the fear of going out went but my lack of energy prevented me from doing so.

Some people take longer to feel any relief but don't struggle on without your doctors viewpoint.

Please keep me updated on how you are doing.i would tale the Diazepam when your struggling as they do chill you out a bit. Xxx

• Posted

Yeah I did a have read through.

Yeah I have to take a diaezpam an hour before I go out.

I have to go out today as well

Everyone is at work and my daughter has school its only a 15 minute walk but already ive reached for the diazepam sad

Dr kept me on 10mg yey but wont give me a sick note and my manager is being an arse!! (Pardon my french)

Xx

• Posted

I think you can sign yourself off for a while (not sure how long). Try really hard not to take any notice of your manager or it'll make you worse worrying about work (far easier said than done though). You are ill and you need to recover, you are doing the worst bit now though so hang in there xxxx
    • Posted

I have to phone and let her know today

Thank you

Your posts help me soo much xx

• Posted

Bless your heart, this journey is sooo hard but I'm hoping it'll come good for us in the end, I've been putting off taking them for years which in hindsight was daft but hey, you live and learn xxx
    • Posted

Yeah I had panic attacks really bad about 10 years ago and got over it I didnt have meds as I was under 18. I thought I could do it again but this time theyve come back 100 times worse.

Do you know what its like coming off the citalopram?

Ive heard some rough stories n a bit worried now too lol

Xx

• Posted

I've decided that if they work they I don't care if I have to stay on them forever!! But I am much older than you (I'm 49) xxx don't worry about that bit yet!! xxxx
    • Posted

Im trying not too lol

I get so ahead of myself

How are you doing? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.