Citalopram

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi all

i have been back and forth to my doc to with symptoms that have convinced me that I have cancer. My doctors booked me in for a fasting blood test which all came back fine, as the doctor said if I had cancer there would be some kind of adnomality in my bloods! I am now on my 16th day of taking citalopram and omg. I still have no appetite and very bad tummy . No I am telling myself that I do have cancer and that's why I have no appetite . I feel so unwell and have informed my doctor and they tell me to keep taking my tablets. Can anyone else relate to this experience. X

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Samantha

your lack of appetite is due to the citalopram.  One of the side effects unfortunately.  Still early days for you.  Try to hang in there.  Side effects are most distressing but they  will ease.

lynda

• Posted

Thank you for your response. XShould I still feel loss of appetite on day 16? 
    • Posted

Can be up to 8 weeks, but usually your appetite comes back around the 3-4 week mark, just try to eat the best you can, otherwise has healthy shakes to get the vitamins and nutrients
    • Posted

Hi Samantha

I'm on day 26 and got my appetite back. The first 3 weeks were my worst I'm sure you will start to feel better soon.

I've read it takes months before you feel the benefits 100%.

Stick with them I'm sure side effects will pass soon. Just think you have had the blood tests and it's clear so don't make yourself sick with worry. You did the right thing getting the test.

Keep strong x

• Posted

Im 7-8 months in and still have the occasional side effect and the odd blip but they all pass after a few Days
    • Posted

Jist starting Week 10 on 20 mg and still not feeling hungry. I have to constantly remind myself to eat, which is not my normal state of being. I miss tucking into good food, but for now it's all about eating enough good stuff to keep going. Lee.
    • Posted

Same here blips are less and less tho, hopefully they will go altogether
  • Posted

I it's a horrible feeling no appetite isn't it! X 
    • Posted

Yes it horrible as it makes you feel weak but trust me it comes back !! 🐽🐽 that's me now lol x
  • Posted

The best thing you can do is stop using Dr Google, take your tablet every day and get on with life the best you can, let the tablets work their magic. One day soon you would start to better. In the mean time rest, be kind to yourself, read some good books (that's helps me zone out) I promise you that one day soon you would feel better xx
    • Posted

Hi Kerry

I noticed I was googling a lot but stopped it now I'm on my 8th week and still having bad days

• Posted

How are you don, gathering you got off Sertraline and are now on citalopram

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.