Citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was considered to have very severe anxiety and depression, so I finally decided to go on Citalopram like my doctor suggested. I've always been an active person. I lift weights a lot, and am active. I'm 23, 5'4'' and between 135-140 for a while. I got on citalopram and gained a little weight. I decided to quit cold turkey one day because I thought it was making me gain weight and I didn't need meds to help me. I gained 10 lbs. Heaviest I've ever been. I always felt light headed, anxious and uneasy. I decided I needed to go back on where I left off, 30 mg. I began to lose weight rapidly. Back down to my normal weight. I had exercised through all this and didn't really change anything so it makes me think the meds had a big part on this. I am still on the meds and I feel better. I hope this helps.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

how did you feel before taking the tablets,i felt like i was honestly going to die b4 ,weather it was the anxierty or the depression im not sure,i came off the tablets in the past fast but after 4 months have decided to go back on them been on them 3 days,wow this sucks
    • Posted

Hi Gary, 

I feel a lot better now that I went back on them. Before I was very suicidal and constantly anxious. I had a hard time breathing for a while which made me think it was from a thyroid problem. The meds have helped a lot. Just know you're not alone.

• Posted

today i felt that bad i seriously thought i was going to die,i never of course as im typing this i felt very hot then i wired burning sensation then just felt crazy strange,hated it,but now im waiting 4 it to happen again but dont want it to,hopfully the citram will kick in again b4 long,glad your on the mend tho

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.