Citalopram and it's effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I started taking citalopram last night and I feel worse. I feel nauseous, weak, tired, more anxious but also with massive brain fog. I also get shooting adrenalin up my arms. I was feeling better before I took them as I had had a good evening. I just don't see how they will help me with my Intrusive thoughts of not understanding someone and I'm worried that they will make me feel numb and empty. I want to stop taking them as I've only taken one but I just don't know whether that's the right thing to do or not. Should I just try to stick them out for a few days?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

These are side effects which will tail off in a few weeks
  • Posted

They always say that you feel worse when you start taking psych drugs.But you have to be the judge as to whether the adjustment period is worth it. If in doubt contact your Dr.I know I have struggled with many of these drugs and have yet to find one I  can tollerate best of luck to you
  • Posted

Try and stick to them, there will be side effects once you start taking them, but give it a couple weeks and they should taper off once your body gets used to the medication. I know the side effects are horrible and are probably increasing your anxiety but you'll feel worse in the long run if you don't take them. If you're still getting side effects after a few weeks speak to your doctor!

• Posted

First when I started, I was in the same situation with the intrusive thoughts. After taking my first pill, the next morning the anxiety was so bad I wanted to rip all my hair out. That is a side effect that won't last forever, it didn't with me anyway. I wanted to quit so many times but I waited it out and thank God, it got better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.