Citalopram: Headaches, scattered memory, fatigue

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been on Citalopram (20mg) for about 7-8 weeks now and after a rocky start, things were starting to feel normal again however, in the last week I've experienced headaches and ongoing fatigue...in fact, it's a real struggle getting out of bed in the morning which is very unlike me.  In addition, I feel my concentration levels and memory are slightly scattered and it's leaving me a little concerned that it could be the tablets.  Anyone have any similar symptoms after 7-8 weeks?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Barbara 39684

hi I've been on Citalopram for just over two weeks for anxiety and panic attacks has your anxiety gone ? 

• Posted

Hi Barbara

Yes my anxiety is mostly gone now but I seem to have developed these, what I assume to be, side effects from the Citalopram and I just wanted to find out if it was indeed the pills or maybe something else.

• Posted

i had thoose plus a few more. came of the prozac because i remember a think and so dizzy, but for me citalpram is evil, hope things work out for you
  • Posted

HI Gillian,  I have been on Cit for about a month now. I do not have the same symptoms as you with the exception of the fatigue. Some days I get the "foggy" brain as I call it but it is not debilitating for me.  Maybe you should discuss this with your doctor as your dosage may be in need of adjustment??  Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks Robin.  Could possibly be the dosage.  I have a call with my doc tomorrow.
    • Posted

Good luck, please keep me posted! Hope you have a better day today!! 
  • Posted

Hi , Yes i am experiencing the same thing headache ,fatigue ,bad concentation  and memory also i feel really hot some time - i am to wondering to why this is - it is very frightening and it does not let up at all - ringing my doctor again tomorrow .
    • Posted

Barbara 39684

hi how long have you been on Citalopram I'm been on it just over two weeks side effects not good and the mornings are the worse panic and anxiety

• Posted

Hi ,i have been on these tablets for 6 week - 7 weeks still not good -me too i have worst anxiety
    • Posted

barbara39684

hi been taking 20my for just o Dr 2 weeks morning anxiety really bad do t want to do anything find hard to even brush my teeth start to feel slightly better by eve I g

• Posted

Hi Gillian, yep that was me to the tee! hang in there your brain is being blanced out so whilst you feel good for the most part there will still be the odd weirdness quite normal smile
    • Posted

Thanks Steve.  Always reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

Gill

• Posted

Hi Gillian, If things haven't settled down after 7 - 8 weeks then it maybe that Citalopram just doesn't suit you in which case you need to get another appointment with your GP and see what other alternatives there are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.