Citalopram Increase!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for the last 6 years I was so bad I didn't drive for 5 years, go out to eat, socialize, or go into a store! A year and a half ago I finally decided to take Citolopram 10mg. I had horriable side effects for 3 months then I finally felt a little better I have been driving for a year now, but I still won't go further than 10 mins from my house in fear that I would have a dizzy spell and panic! Yesterday I finally had enough and increased my dose to 15mg will slowly increase to 20mg. I took my first increased dose last night and I slept great, feel calm today, and have had no side effects!!! I hope this continues! I will do an update as I go. I know the first time I took citolopram I believe I caused all the bad side effects from worrying so much this time I just took it and moved on knowing it is worth a try to feel better!

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good for u i will follow u with excitement dont let panic limit u anymore high five on ur progress alteady tho!
  • Posted

Hi Dalene

Many thanks for your reply.

I am so proud of you for starting to drive again and being brave enough to take Citalapram. Well done.

Do you get any bad side effects with taking them? Unfortunately my GP started me straight on 40mg and I was asleep nearly all the time and just existed but didn't really have a life, but it is extremely difficult to come off them or reduce them.

I hope that I manage to get some sleep tonight and I pray that I don't feel as ill and desperate tomorrow.

Kind regards.

Lisa Xx

• Posted

Thank you so much! I did have really bad side effects for the first 3 months then they leveled out. It increased my anxiety and caused way more panic attacks! It also caused insomnia, excessive sweating, and made my skin feel really hot! How long have you been on 40mg?
    • Posted

I was on 40mg for around 2 years, then decreased to 30mg for a few months then 20mg for a couple of months, then 8 days ago I stopped taking it completely Xx
    • Posted

Hi. I feel terrible. That is what my post has been about. I'm not coping but I do not want to go back on them. I've started herbal medicine instead but only for 2 days so far.

I'm crying all the time, have a terrible headache, feel nauseous, frightened, lonely, etc.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. Did you consider trying another SSRI? I never wanted to rely on a pill to feel normal I struggled for years feeling like I had to do it myself and finally I realized life is to short to waste it. I will pray for you to have relief soon.
  • Posted

I had the same problems as u. Couldn't go in stores couldn't drive. Started on 10mg then went up to 20. Been a year & half now & I can do anything I want! Got my life back.

good luck to you! You will get back to a "normal" life just takes time!

• Posted

That is so awesome to hear good results!!! Most of the time when I google I only read bad reviews and horror stories! It definitely took faith and the strength God gave me to finally get help! Thank you for taking the time to post a good story with citalopram!!!
    • Posted

Hi,

I was okay driving around town until I increased my dose now I find I am nervous to do so. I am afraid of what to expect on my dose increase before I knew what expect! Did this happen to you?

• Posted

Hello everyone second night of 15mg!!! I fell asleep quickly but woke up a 4am with racing thoughts and anxiety my body was really hot! I finally managed to fall back asleep. I am feeling okay today other than constant sweating!!
  • Posted

Well day 3 of increase slept okay! I am on edge today cannot sit still and my mind keeps racing to anxious thoughts! Hopefully this will improve and be short lived!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.