Citrol (Citalopram) 10mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi this is my second discussion here i am on Citrol (Citalopram) 10mg a day due to panic disorder and anxitey i was suffrering bad and my GP put me on these tablets and they are helping me it's my secound week on 10mg and he GP called me back after 3 weeks to see how thigs are going... but I want to ask am i going to stay on 10mg...??

Thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

10 mg was very effective for me. They upped my dose to 20mg and I had really bad symptoms, went back down and was fine.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Ashlee i will be taking my 15th dose tomorrow my Anxiety and Panic disorder is getting better now just little pain in chest some times and i started my normal life still afraid to go out of the house alone but i am trying my best.

Do you know how long do i have to take tabs or any advise for me.

God Bless You. 

• Posted

10 worked perfectly for me. You should take them for as long as you feel you need them, everybody is different. Never come off them before you feel ready
    • Posted

I agree with Danielle. I took them for 6 weeks before feeling Awesome (I am very sensitive to SSRI side effects) then I took them for 2 more months and tapered off because I felt so good I thought I was cured. Guess what, TERRIBLE idea. Anxiety is 10x worse and now have been on Zoloft one week. I will

Probably have to take a low dose forever.

• Posted

Thanks Danielle and Ashley. I will take them as long as they can help me and I will be ok.

Last few days were very good no panic attack and my anxiety was low only Today after taking them 2 weeks I felt like having light panic attack maybe it's normal or it's still to early.......?

• Posted

I think with all medications it can wax and wane. Takes the edge off of what would have been a vey stressful event.
    • Posted

Yes Ashlee Maybe it's early stage of medication that's why I am feeling like this I know it's our brain playing games with us but as you know sometimes brain wins but I am trying to be strong.

• Posted

I have to remind myself that that's all you can do. Be strong and remember that the mind controls everything in your body, and is very powerful. A healthy mind helps create a healthy body. I personally hate taking any medications, but I know that sometimes I need them to get balanced again.
    • Posted

Thanks for the nice words Ashlee really means a lot.

I am taking tablet around 11 in the morning everyday I wake as thinking to take at night before going to bed it's a good idea or I will stick with morning.

• Posted

Sorry Ashlee I wrote wrong up there my mistake.

I am taking tablet around 11 in the morning everyday now I am thinking to take tablet at night before going to bed it's a good idea or I will stick with morning.

• Posted

I take my Zoloft at night. I am still in the beginning symptoms stage of awfulness, so it seems to help those bad feelings a little bit.
    • Posted

I will be praying for you Ashlee stay strong May God make this go away sooner then latter.

I will be changing my time from next week want to take tablet at night so I can sleep and enjoy the day. At the moment I do take 1.5 mg Diazepam at night to help me sleep.

I want to stop diazepam from next week my GP prescribe me to help me sleep but they are very addictive I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.