Classical Migraine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've had migraines since I was a child

I remember the doctor giving me tiny pills of diazepam when I was about 8!

I know that chocolate was an offender!

But as I've grown much older, I find that dark chocolate/pure coco does bring on a headache. But milk chocolate doesn't have the same effect.

But if I have have citrus fruits like oranges,

I've noticed I have had two auras this month.

I don't usually get pain with the auras I am pain free as a rule with auras and visual disturbance.

But if I do get a headache, because I also have lower back scoliosis, it can give me intense headaches which can send me me to eat paracetamols, and sometimes send me to bed!

But I think not having enough sleep, can cause triggers too.

I am in menopause mode so my body is on.a constant change Aswell. Which doesn't help🙁

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi elizabeth...I just woke up my 5th day post Migraine and I think I may feel almost normal.

​Your post helped me to realize that earlier in the week I had made dark chocolate brownies....thank you!

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, yes it would appear you are a classic migraine sufferer with chocolate, citrus fruits and lack of sleep. Have you tried any preventative meds? They don't always work for everyone but there might be one out there for you. Also, there is Sumatriptan which you take at the onset of a migraine and if it works for you it will usually get rid of the pain within an hour. I have suffered for over 40 years with the last 15 being the worse. I am currently taking Pizotifen as a preventative which works reasonably well, I still get headaches about once a week but they are usually controlled by just taking paracetamol. If the paracetamol doesn't work I then take Sumatriptan. Surprisingly, unlike you, I usually get the start of a migraine first thing in the morning after a deep sleep. At least, at this time of day I can take meds for it and usually get on with the rest of my day. Hope you find some relief.
    • Posted

Thanks Hun.

I've got such a wired body when it comes to taking drugs like that.

I cannot take much in the way of medication.

I'm asthmatic Aswell, so that isn't a help either along with scoliosis in my lower back and also have a 1 cm left leg shorter than my right leg!

Apart from that I'm fine!! Lol

Unless you want to count the menopause too...Mmm but I find if I stress. About something that can bring in a migraine, and maybe also being short sighted isn't a great help to me either!

I'm in a bit of s mess really lol..

Life goes on 👍😀x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.