Clear mucus with blood inside ? Can this happen with UC?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im wondering if these are possible symptoms..

Red blood inside a clear mucus attached to stool ? So it doesn't mix in with with water. No pain when passing it.

Once i had fresh blood when i wiped, but other than that normally in a mucus stuck on outside of the stool that wont mix with water

I have slight discomfort/quick stabbing pains in my sigmoid area particularly when moving about

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy,

Not being medically qualified, I can't give a definitive answer to your question, but I've certainly had similar experiences during mild flare-ups over the years, so my instinct is to say that this is compatible with UC. However, to date I've not experienced the type of pain you describe but then we are all different and UC does tend to make its unwelcome appearance in its own way from person to person.

I hope it and the discomfort clears up very soon. 

Kindest regards and all good wishes,

Peter A

• Posted

OK thankyou for responding. Yes im hoping i just have a mild case of it or something. I got severe bloating in October for a week, it then disappeared and hasn't returned since, but i have had the blood in clear mucus and occasional cramping since the bloating , gurgling and this sharp pain, its so brisk the pain i almost question if it actually happened. I keep panicking i have colon cancer but surely the bloating would keep reccuring or have gotten worse since it happened

• Posted

Hi Amy.  Oh goodness!  The gurgling!  Yes, sometimes it seems there's a gurgleman inside me that throws a switch and quite out of the blue gurgling hits me from all sides of the colon. It can last a couple of minutes or a couple of days and then stops as suddenly as it started. We won't discuss the wind-passing, but at times I am, shall I tactfully put it, less than socially pleasant to be around but there's absolutely zilch I can do about it! LOL!!  

Please try not to get anxious about your symptoms being cancerous. Of course if you are seriously concerned you must consult your GP; gastroenterologist or IBD nurse, if you have one, but I'd wager that you have nothing to worry about on that front.

Keep positive and all good wishes as ever.

Peter A

• Posted

Thank you ! Yes the gurgling was really bad for me a few weeks back , managed to calm a little bit now. Trying to change diet to see if that helps . i havnt had a scope to confirm UC yet but that all the docs seem to think it is. But they have reffered me for a scope just waiting for a date.

To you too!

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Amy! 

Thanks for your reply.

The very best of luck with the colonoscopy; that ought to rule out any concerns you have that your problem is cancerous. No one wants to be told that they've developed an IBD, but rather that than colon cancer.

You will report back and tell us how you get on, won't you? 

I hope you're not kept waiting too long for your appointment.

Luv and thoughts as always,

Peter A   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.