Climate change

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am experiencing an increase in migraines as the weather changes. Taking more meds, but would like to find more natural methods. I have a migraine almost everyday and survive on triptans and Fioricet. Not good, I know, but only way to get through day. Even with this treatment I've been in bed all day. Botox, didn't work, preventatives don't work, avoid food intolerances hasn't worked. Any ideas? MRI and CAT scans fine, but also struggle with vestibular issues.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

During the dry weather I have success using a humidifier.

I too have no success with preventative medicine. I'm currently working With a naturepath and bio physicists.

Much better success. I hope you find your nitche. Also don't overlook migraine buddy a free Google play download.

Many blessings

• Posted

The only change I notice is during really hot, sunny weather, I have to make sure I'm well protected, sunglasses and large sun hat, and that doesn't always work but it doesn't put me off traveling. The strange thing is I like cruises and on my last one which was for 3 weeks, I only had 3 migraines when I had to take sumatriptan and that was definitely due to too much sun and I also have to admit over indulgence of alcohol 😀, well I was on holiday, but that was really good for me. The motion of the ship wasn't a problem so I think I need to have more holidays. Hope you find some way of preventing your migraines, we all seem to suffer differently and there is no known definitive cure.

• Posted

Hi Betsy

I too am having an increase in migraines and severity. Like you they come daily and sometimes with aura.

I am looking into Darth peircings... although slightly invasive, reports have been positive on migraine prevention. Perhaps this may be somthing you could look into also?

Otherwise, I am sorry I can't help, but will follow your post just in case anyone else has some ideas.

Good luck with your current struggle.

• Posted

I too am interested in the piercing. Botox didn't work, I've heard various reviews on the piercings??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.