Clobetasol Propionate

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,  I was finally able to see a Gyno in the US (I am visiting from Canada) and she instantly prescribed Clobetasol and a cream for Yeast.  But when I got the prescription it is liquid and it says For Use On The Scalp on the bottle.  From what I have seen on this form Clob is usually a gel or  cream.  Is it ok to use a liquid?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That does not sound right.  If anything, you would need an ointment which is harder to rub off and which will therefore penetrate to the depths of the skin where it is needed.
  • Posted

You need to go back they have given you the wrong script. I had moved and changed compound pharmacy and they had never heard of it . So she looked it up and there must be a similar word because she asked me if it was for my scalp. I had to get her to look up LS understand what the problem was and it got sorted. I think the difference is at the end ...sol vs sal
    • Posted

Good explanation Deb. Sounds like a mix up hopefully easily sorted.
  • Posted

I use Clobetasol ointment.  Perhaps better to go back to the pharmacy and exchange for ointment.
  • Posted

Yes I called the doctors office and they had written the script wrong. I told them I would have to stand on my head to apply a liquid. Anyways they have it right now

Though the doctor did throw me for a loop. She was examining me and asked if "I always looked like that' I said hmmmm not sure never really inspected before I got diagnosed   She also said maybe I had a yeast infection since she did not see white patches just redness. 

Last time I cud check I saw white patches. Do they just disappear and reappear?

• Posted

Sue, I think we all look different in some degree down there and even before we got this condition. The doctor was just trying to establish "your" normal. As a former nurse I have seen many women in the downstairs department. Some women have large labia  minora and some small for instance. Many have one side thinner, longer, shorter, and so on. Many  of us don't realise we are losing architecture either for ages. Just thinking oh well, I'm older or menopausal or whatever. It's what thought for ages, but I didn't know LS or LP existed till I got it, aged 69.

I don't get white skin patches as I have LP, someone else will advise about that. 

• Posted

Lynne I'm new to all of this diagnosed in Dec  I had a biopsy that was positive for LS but I have no white patches or itching do you know if it could be LP instead or do they look different from each other in biopsy
    • Posted

Lora, I was diagnosed with L. Sclerosus  by biopsy twice over six months in early 2015. A dermatologist in vulval health gave me my diagnosis of L Planus last September. So I think the answer is they are indistinguishable from each other on biopsy. 

When you have one or the other and do the reading and realise the difference it all makes sense. Having said that there are some symptoms the same. Such as losing architecture, and burning. 

But personally, I never had white patches or itching and was quite confused myself.  Go to a site called  caredownthere , it will give you the differences. I am not allowed to give you the link but just type that in to your search engine and you'll find it. 

• Posted

They filled it wrong. Its a cream on vag. An oinment on skin. Not sure liquid thing is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.