Clomipramine any reviews?

Posted , 2 users are following.

im about to switch from Venlefaxine to Clominpramine which is one of the old tricyclics but aparantly is "Gold Standard" for stubborn depression with anxiety and I particularly intrusive OCD thoughts.

Anybody got experience good or bad on this drug, aka Anafranil.

Neil 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Aspinan, my son has been taking clomiprimine for 4 years for stubborn anxiety, depression and specifically intrusive OCD thoughts. he's doing great on them and is able to cope with life at uni. he said they suppressed his intrusive thoughts so he highly recommends them. The only thing is he was taking buspirone at the same time which caused serotonin syndrqome so keep this in mind.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply, did he suffer any side effects besides serotonin syndrome. I'm aware of the syndrome as such reducing my Venlefaxine AD from 300mg down to 75mg pd..aghhhhhhhh

I've been on Buspirone and came off them a few months ago.

thanks again. Neil 

• Posted

Hi again, My son has said that he sometimes had vivid nightmares, however, when the dose was increased the side effects decreased......oh and he also said he had dry mouth. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.