Clonazepam

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 1.0 for sleep and it seems to help me fall asleep fine but does anyone else wake up after 5 or 6 hours and are wide awake? Wondering if this is because of the clonazepam.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure. I take carbamazapine at night. I'm sure it's meant to help with sleep, or relaxing.

Something I read recently, if you have GERD or reflux. This can give you disturbed sleep. Or in my case. Keep me awake most the night.

I don't evey you, non sleep.

Good luck.

• Posted

I've had reflux issues in the past and I've had trouble swallowing since going on the medication so maybe that's the culprit, I'll mention that to my doctor. Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Rob03933,

I took clonazepam to get to sleep for over a year (maybe even longer).  It worked great but yes, I too found myself waking up after 5 to 6 hours.  However, if I lie in bed completely still I managed to get back to sleep most of the time.  Since I am retired/disabled I can take a long nap mid-day so I'm lucky, should I not be able to get back to sleep. 

Recently I saw a different doctor regarding a new Rx for my clonazepam and she would NOT renew it.  She said since it is a narcotic it's too easy to get addicted to it.  I was taking a very low dose (.5 I think) and she said that was not a low dose.  I think docs are getting more and more concerned about that.

Since she would not renew it, I spoke to my neurologist and she prescribed Trazedone which works great!!  Not only does it help me get to sleep but I STAY asleep for 7-9 hours most of the time. 

FYI:  My problem with sleep was a combination of anxiety and pain (I have M.S. and a type of neuropathy on my feet, which is like what they describe as diabetic nerve pain).  I don't know the reason for your sleep disorder but the Trazedone works so well I would suggest you talk to your doctor about it.

• Posted

Thank so for the info Mara and I'll keep that in mind when I talk to my doctor and I thought .5 was the lowest dose there was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.