Clothing

Posted , 19 users are following.

My op is on 17th DEC xcan I ask you all what you wore for hospital stay and then afterwards as I have no idea what to expect or how sore I am going to be x would appreciate if you could let me know what you have found comfortable so I can get ready and buy the things I need x its my birthday on the 1st so I will be asking family to treat me to comfy clothing lol x thanks for help x

5 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wore well washed and therefore soft denim elasticated waist jeans with loose tops, soft cotton underwear. Had a tracksuit one size too big as well.

shoes that are easy to get into, canvas as it was Spring summer, 

in hospital loose fitting pjs, also took wrap/dressing gown

Happy Birthday

• Posted

Aww,thank you Maggie yes I was thinking track suit x I forgot to ask is there much swelling of leg ? X
  • Posted

I took PJ's in and Nighties. For obv reasons nighties easier with Loo , crutches balancing etc.

Also took bright t/shts and baggy pants to look nice, but didn't bother lol. Just stuck with pretty nighties with ( jumper bras)lol

• Posted

I took a nightdress, a pair of pjs a thin dressing gown, tracksuit bottoms and a long sleeved t shirt, slippers and underwear. Washing stuff. Wore nightdress for 2 days then got dressed on the day i came home.  I brought a size larger in trackies to allow for swelling.
  • Posted

I get the feeling my mam is going to have to buy me new clothes 😂
  • Posted

I brought too much of everything lol. U will wearing the three gown 1st day & possibly overnight too. I wore loose fitting pj bottoms day after op with vest top as hospitals are warm & sticky. The 2nd day I bought stretchy legging a size or two bigger than normal so they didn't rub wound. In my case my leg swelled quite a bit but after 10 days took of ted stockings as I was moving quite well on crutches indoor & out. Swelling went down within a few days but I took aspirin as recommended for a month.
  • Posted

I have found 2 pairs of jogging trosers from matalan and polo shirts to be invaluable
  • Posted

What I took and what I actually wore were two very different things. I took track pants and t shirts and nighties. All I wore were the nighties. About 3 of them. Everything I used would have fitted in a very small bag.
    • Posted

And I took my Birkenstocks. I liked the support for my feet when walking.
  • Posted

I just took shorts and vest top style pyjamas, easy for nurses to peep at the wound and not too hot but I felt safely covered when visitors called. I also bought a couple of pairs of long jersey tracksuit type pyjama bottoms but I didn't actually wear them until I got home, although I did travel to hospital and back in them! I took slippers and a dressing gown, which I didn't wear, and a toilet bag, oh and my mascara haha x
    • Posted

And blusher and lip gloss and hand mirror and extension lead for phone charger. Long shoe horn
    • Posted

I plan on taking my full makeup bag, books, phone, laptop, dvds and anything else to stop me going nuts haha
    • Posted

Yes, amusement is so much more valuable than clothes. And don't forget that charger. And maybe increase your data allowance?
    • Posted

Well I didn't want to say, but yes,I did have my lip gloss and mascara on the day after my op, hahaha smile and chargers, I also took my kindle/tablet and a couple of magazines, ooh and my headphones cos I knew I wouldn't sleep x
    • Posted

U won't use any of it lol. No time! Wake up, meds, brekkie, wash, Physio , rest lunch, rest , Physio, rest dinner, meds , sleep & do it all again! Also concentration not there.
    • Posted

Haha i know. I just feel like if i take lots i might feel better.
    • Posted

Haha domt worry i wont and yeah thats a fab idea. I will have to find out how to do that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.