Posted , 11 users are following.

Club Swagger  Club Zero   Club Fear

I want to take a victory lap.

I want to say good riddance.

I want the objects in the rear view mirror to be 

smaller than they really are.

I want the 50 pounds gained and lost in the last 

years to be gone forever.

I want to dump my bottles of prednisone.

But this systemic demon has bitten twice!

Damn him for his residence.

I asked my  rheumy a year ago:

Will I ever get my swagger back?

The clouds then lifted .

slowly, weight down, pred down, 

walk, road bike, love

again.

Things I thought I might never have.

Here am I, back, but I keep the little white pills.

Just in case.

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done, Long may it last.....

Good luck

Mx

• Posted

I am so happy for you .. It must feel like a new beginning.

Every good wish.

Caroline

• Posted

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!

One, two. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t.

well done McDuff! smile

• Posted

Well done. I hope it continues and life can be enjoyed again without all the side effects.😀😀

• Posted

Brilliant news - pat yourself on the back.  Just marvelous.  Regards Pat
  • Posted

Hey Danrover, Congrats to you!!!! You did it!!! Enjoy!! May I ask how long it took to burn out?

Tinaj

• Posted

Hi Tina

The serious inflammation lasted 18 months, pred tapering the entire time, but took another year to zero pred. So 30 months for the entire dance, understanding the last 12 months were feeling much better. 

FYI, I could tell the taper was ok when ankle and leg swelling was minimal. when I needed to stop taper was when hands got tight, and feet/ankle edema.

thanks to all, and I will always be with you, ..... it will always be with merolleyes.

• Posted

Hi Danrower, I really appreciate your response!!! I'm banking on my PMR burning out in 1-2 yrs. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again,

Tinaj

• Posted

Well done sir!!
    • Posted

Thanks, Eileen.

Me thinks I could even ski now, except I have to clean up from Hurricane Matthew..... here on the east coast of central Florida. I am cautious to keep the stressors in perspective. And they keep coming at our ages!

My heartfelt thanks to you Eileen, as so many others have iterated here. You are our anchor.

• Posted

I skied with PMR - so I'm sure you could. It was other things that made me decide to hang up the skis. i just apres-ski now...

Didn't know Florida has ski resorts to be messed up by Matthew wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.