Co-codamol 30/500 anything better......!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hiya all hippies...

I know everyone is different etc etc..Just wanted to ask if anyone found other pain killers worked better for them than Co-codamol 30/500..I’ve been on them for some time now ( 4 + yrs ) and at times they just don’t do the trick, yep been to the doc’s many times and tried others, just thought I’d ask...

Anybody got good results with other painkillers etc....

Stay Safe & Stay Happy....PJ

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Some people get on ok with Tramadol (an opiate related to Morphine and Heroin), but I had withdrawal symptoms (like a drug taker on heroin) about 30 mins before each pill was due - not nice at all.

Graham

• Posted

Had no problems with Tramadol; it worked very well for me, with no withdrawal symptoms. However, could not take Endone as it made me feel sick and gave me horrible dreams!
  • Posted

I was in the three months before my THR put on Norspan, its a clear patch that sticks to a non-hairy part of your body, even though I'm female the Dr checked the back of my hip, to see if I had any fluff, knocked the pain out completely from a effectively broken hip. A real bonus after months of Panadol-Osteo no longer working.
    • Posted

I had a norspan patch for 2 weeks after my operation, plus Endone which I stopped taking after a week. The patch was all I needed with a top-up of panadol when needed.
  • Posted

I have had excellent results with morphine patches, nothing else really worked for me. Codine is quite good too.  I have noticed that tramadol works very well for lots of patients on here, have your tried those? 

• Posted

Hi...

Yep I tried tramadol, to be honest they did not work for me..

Think I need a trip to the doc’s again, think I’ll be getting my own chair in the doc’s waiting room...lol..

Mega thanks for all your input and advice..

PJ

• Posted

Hi PJ

I was put on Paracetamol , Ibuprophen morphine tablets called MST and oramorph.

Co  codamol is adictive and the with drawl simptoms are bad. So if you do come off them do it slowly over a couple of weeks.

• Posted

I agree they are rubbish! I'm going to have a chat with my GP, I'll let you know. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.