Cold feeling headaches ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I used to suffer similar symptoms about 3/4yrs ago when I was doing my exams, I did go to the doctors but in the end they just told me I was stressed.

Anyway I've had this headache since Sunday now and it's driving me mad, I'm a 20yr old female and these are my symptoms (sorry for my long list)

Headache since Sunday - not awful pain but still not nice

Cold sensation in head - like ice trickling down

Very rarely a burning sensation in head

Ear feels cold/hot or pain when my head hurts

Muscle pain in neck - not often

All of the above on right side

Couple of weeks ago I had pain in my left arm down to my fingertips and pains in my chest (just above my heart) but I do get heartburn a lot

Frequent trips to the loo

Confusion

Feeling tired even after sleep

Also struggling to sleep

Tripping over words - for instance go to say one word but can't get it out or I say a completely different word

Off balance - but could be due to my plantar fasciitis 

Does anyone else suffer from any similar symptoms? I've got a Doctors appointment soon but I hate feeling like this, thanks for taking the time to read my post!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The ear pain could indicate an ear infection.

but your other symptoms put together should warrant a visit to a doctor now.

stand or sit straight--can you touch your chest with your chin?

check for a rash anywhere on your body.

are your eyes unusually sensitive to light? Any or all of these go to doctor straight away.

i find my words get confused when I get a headache. I've had all the neurological tests and nothing wrong.

take the list of symptoms to the doctor so s/he sees them all together .

• Posted

Hiya, I did try to reply yesterday but I don't think my message was posted. No I haven't had a brain scan at all, I went to the Doctors on Friday he has diagnosed me with migraines from the contraceptive pill, I have stopped the pill and have been prescribed Domperidone and Naproxen (I can't take some things as I get heartburn easily) the headaches have eased up but they have not completely gone. Think I will book an appointment to go back to the doctors again.
  • Posted

Hello Beccah

I hope you are feeling better, however I wanted to ask if you had got to the bottom of what was casuing the symptons as my husband is experiencing EXACTLY the same thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.