Cold Sensation In Chest

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been sick with what seems to be the flu (headache, sore throat, fever, body aches, chest pains, etc) for at least a week now. Everyone I've hung out with seems to have caught it and seems to have the same sympoms. As someone who's had anxiety now for 3 ish year I'm starting to notice more anxiety whenever I'm sick. Does anyone else get the weird cold sensation in their chest that usually last for like 5 minutes, usually when they have a fever? I've had ECG and blood work done and it showed that my body was healthy and nothing was wrong with my organs as well. Thinking its just my anxiety but sill kind of worried.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know exactly how u feel iv had health anxiety for 2 years now and I always get the cold sensation in chest along with what feels like hot liquid in my chest too!! It's awful im on edge tonight my chest is tight, got palpitations and bad chest pain, iv had a 24 hour monitor numerous ecgs, x rays blood tests and all come back fine but I'm never reassured I always think they are missing something I currently feel like something bad is going to happen to me I can't sleep my heart feels like it's pounding for no reason but when I check my pulse it feels normal im so sick of this I have become a shadow of myself I used to be confident and outgoing now I'm constantly checking for symptoms and feel like I'm going to have a heart attack any minute sad I know how u feel hun it's awful sad
    • Posted

It is awful. I'm only 15 and my heart races to 120-130 sometimes and it makes me really worried, although I've been told by doctor my heart and organs are working perfectly normal and my heart is in good condition. Anxiety truely sucks, specially the physical symptoms that come along with it. 😷 Hope you feel better soon and can get relief from your anxiety.
    • Posted

Yes, it mentally and physically drains me. Specially after panic attacks. My heart rate stays at like 90bpm all day and its so tiring. I'm gonna talk to my doctor about maybe a medicine to slow my heartrate. I wish you the best of luck for your anxiety. You can get through it smile
    • Posted

Beta blockers coudl be an option for you (Dr/Cardiologist will determine their appropriateness). in the meantime, I would consider checking your magnesium levels as plapatations/anxeity is almost always eliviated by Magnesium (check your local health food shop for suppliments)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.