Cold sore inside nose

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, 

I wonder if there is anyone out there having the same issue regarding cold sores. Whatever I look up on the internet  comes up with cold sores on the mouth or around the nose. But nothing about cold sores inside the nose. I only rarely get a cold sore on my mouth, it does happen, but much more often I get a cold sore inside my nose which is very painful. Well, I believe that it is a cold sore. I have only seen it once as it is usually somewhere inside where I don't get to see it. But it did look like a usual cold sore on the mouth but just so much more painful. I can't touch my nose let alone blow my nose cos it hurts so much. Most of the time it looks slightly swollen as well. I really hate it and aciclovir doesn't seem to do the job either. If I put it on with an ear bud it just seems to take as long to heal as if I don't do anything about it. Any experience at all? I'd be very grateful for any advice or shared experience. Thank you. Lena

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lena. I get cold sores inside my nose but I also have other symptoms that I now know are common to Lupus. I'm awaiting results of blood tests and XRays. Do you have any other symptoms?
    • Posted

Hello Matron, thank you for your reply! I haven't heard of Lupus before. What kind of desease is it? I just tried to look it up briefly and it says there are symptoms of joint pain and rashes. I do have joint pain on my finger joints that are bothering me. But I do have psoriasis as well so I thought it is probably related to it as psoriatic psoriasis. That's what doctors told me. Psoriasis isn't just a rash I think it is a genetic desease? It is in my family. I don't have any problems with rashes. But I do feel fatigued alot. I did have blood test because of my joint pains and they came up negative.
    • Posted

It's probably what they call an auto immune disease. You don't say how old you are. They say for the over 50's a herpes zoster immunisation is recommended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.