cold sores from hormones???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last 3 months ive been getting a cold sore on upper lip in same spot at least once a month...When i start feeling yuck then it seems to act up...never have had them before and seems that it only comes on when i feel other symptoms..Just wondering if anybody else gets this??I already hate how ive aged in the face since peri and now i have this darn thing sticking out like a sore thumb....Thank you ladies...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Laurie, sounds like Herpes sores. And yes, it  pops whenever your immune system is challanged with sickness or being tired. There are some antiviral creams and pills available to suppress it. Unfortunately, you can't get curred from it. Just keep on fighting smile
  • Posted

Hi Cold sores are due to stress and both myself and daughter suffer terribly i feel for you they make you feel terribl. I use lysine form H & b they are big but they work.take one daily other than that as soon as you feel in coming up put a dab of apple cider viniger on it,dries it up .
    • Posted

Thank you ladies...Ive never before now had them and man wish i never did....lol i hate any blemis on my face and now i got a biggy...i will try those and hope it helps... sorry to hear you both deal with them...all this is wonderfull....Not..hugs to all and thank you again...
  • Posted

this happened to me about 2 years ago.  i'd get one, wait for it to clear up and then right behind that one was a new one.  that when on for weeks!!   i started taking l-lysine.  i don't get them ANYMORE!!  truth!  when i did get them, and even now (just in case - i had one TRY to pop up after a cold spell here in florida, but it was the size of a small pimple for one day) i use vicks or mentholatum products.  l-lysine.  every day.  smile
    • Posted

you can use anything to keep your lips moisturized instead of the mentholatum.  sometimes that dries, but i've been using it for years because of my mom.  it works for me!
  • Posted

Laurie:

Hi.....I also get the cold sore in the same place on my lip once in a while.  I attributed to sun exposure, but not sure.  I will pay attention and see if it follows along with all the major symptoms we experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.