Cold spells

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Do any of you get cold spells that just come on you out of nowhere? My last period which just ended two days ago, had me feeling really crazy. I kept getting cold chills off and on and crashing fatigue. You know the kind of fatigue where you feel like you may just collapse if you don't lie down immediately? It was so scary. I am so tired of all these crazy hormones! Someone let me off this crazy busy ride, please!!!!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes just today i was telling my husband ive been getting so cold like i have a low grade fever or something and i mean its like im sitting outside in the dead smack of winter grrrrrr
    • Posted

I felt like I had some kind of bug too when this first started. It's so strange. I usually get hot flashes though. I guess the pendulum decided to swing in the other direction, huh?

• Posted

Hi!

I totally get cold spells out of nowhere all the time lately. Doctor said thyroid issues can cause that but mine's working fine. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure it beats hot flashes!

• Posted

Thats interesting - I'm having my thyroid retested in october as a year ago i was borderline underactive.

• Posted

Hi yes I've had those cols flashes it's like a cold right in my body core then I panic an hands start sweat even though I'm freezing..... its horrible I'v also been having a tough time the week of my period..... headaches anxiety an just exhausted....

• Posted

I manage to be hot and cold at the same time! Head, torso and legs - boiling, arms and neck freezing. What's THAT about?!eek

• Posted

Yep I hear ya girl. I'm waking up on average 6-7 times a night. Couple that with having to get up at 6 for work as a carer!!!!!

Truly sucks big time 😢

• Posted

Yes I've had the cold shivery feeling with with hot clammy hands, especially when anxious. Sage seems to have helped wtith the flushes. 

I do love feeling cold now, when in the past I could cry if too cold! 

• Posted

I just got mines this morning and I am freezing, chills, I'm sitting at work with my jacket on and it's doing nothing. My head feels weird and I just want to get in the bed. I am so over this stuff.

• Posted

Thanks ladies! It helps to know I'm not going coo-coo! ?

• Posted

Hi Sharcer,

I've had lots of cold spells in the past but it comes and goes. I would simply keep myself warm and put on a few layers of clothing. It just the hormones playing up. 

One thing that works for me is having a warm glass of water with lemon and having a green smoothie for breakfast using green vegetables.I'm not sure if it will be your kind of thing. 

• Posted

Thank you Cassie! I think it's starting to taper off. I'm starting to feel my normal body temperatures returning. I still have on my layers just in case it comes back because it was off and on. I figured it was my silly hormones doing their thing yet again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.