colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm am having a colonoscopy Thursday has anyone had Klean- prep and any problems with it I had had picolax before but it has  lactose in it I have a bad reaction to lactose it Seems an awful lot to drink in an hour thank you not looking forward to it Jakki x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I had Picolax too and was ok with it, but found the prep to be the worst part, I was worried like you, but it was fine and I had no real pain, with sedation I was relaxed and watched it all on the screen, I only felt very slight discomfort except it was more in my stomach  area, but the staff were so lovelly and I worried for nothing, Good luck, try  to stay calm and it will be easier .
    • Posted

HI Jane thank you for replying yes I think that is going to be the worst part it does not sound nice at all it's nice to hear your experience was a positive one and all went well thank you jakki x
  • Posted

Hi, I had taken klean prep .... the prep wasn't the best and the drinking in an hour does seem much but I somehow managed. I had to take a sachet st 10am, one at 11, one at 6pmand one at 7pm. The evening ones where worse but to be honest I expected it to be much much worse. Good lick
    • Posted

Good luck I mean lol
    • Posted

Thank you Ella for getting back to me my, doses  are 12 2 4 and 6 I'll be glad when four is here ha I hate taking medicine especially when you know what's coming thank you Jakki x
    • Posted

To be fair I really thought it would be much worse. Got a few cramps but then just stayed on the loo lol by 10.30pm I was done and managed to sleep The night so it's not as bad as u r imagining .... Not fun but ul get through it ok 😄
    • Posted

HI Ella I just wanted to say I got through the Klean prep day it was hard drinking all that water but your right it  wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be I was dreading it.

I didn't have much discomfort just lots of wind not sure if that's the stuff or the flat fizzy I sipped, thank you again Jakki x

• Posted

Hi Ella home after my colonoscopy today all went well I can honestly say I worried for nothing a little discomfort several biopsies and have mild  diviticulitus but nothing to get stressed about the worst part was the cannula in the back of the hand it obviously didn't go In right so got a swelling and bruising that is more uncomfortable than the whole prep and colonoscopy he did comment I had a nice clean clean bowel I did tell him that stuff was vile ha but I am home eaten which is the best part and apart from my hand I am fine thank you for your replies Jakki x

• Posted

Super great news 😄 So happy for u. Even I was left with a swollen hand cos of canula. They decided a student should try it out first time on me . Lol that passed too. Good luck for the biopsies, they took loads for me too and all was clear. In 5 yrs il b stressing again haha
    • Posted

Thank you Ella glad all good news for you in five years they may have a better method ha well be stressing with that yes fx mine will be to thank you lovely talking to your xx 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.