Colonoscopy date

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi this is my first post on this forum, and I am having a bit of a dilema as I have been waiting ages for a Colonscopy and have an appointment but I have also aranged a date with a hot air hostess in Charles de Gaul on the 25th & 26th with my colonscopy booked on the 28th. canceling the date is not an option. I would like to know what I can order of the menu that I can eat and not appear too fussy as I dont want to let her know about this procedure. any ideas thankyou.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I never start my food prep until the day before anyway but if you want to be ultra careful, choose non bulky food, not much fruit and fibre. The instructions for the prep should tell you the dos and donts. Just follow what it says on the packet or your instructions. It's all there.
  • Posted

The hospital should send you a diet to follow, usually it's really bland food like eggs and rice - no fruit or bread. Plenty of water and clear soup. No wine or beer. 
  • Posted

You can eat low fibre foods until 27th. Then no food for 24 hours. If you have a serious doubt over potential Heath problem the colonoscopy report might well help alleviate your fears. You will only be in Endoscopy department for 2 or 3 hours. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Being through the prep, which I followed to the letter and beyond and still had issues with being cleaned out, I would suggest chosing non bulky food and follow the prep instructions and consider deep "enemas until clear" hours before the procedure to make sure you are cleaned out.  The next time I will go have a colonic done the day before to make sure I am cleaned out.
  • Posted

I actually didn't have to alter my diet at all until the day before my procedure. You should be fine to eat what you want unless your doctor advised you differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.