Colonoscopy failure due to inflammation h

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Went for first colonoscopy first July but even with sedation they could only do first section before first bend as to inflamed, so do not know where bleeding is from or how much is affected. Have been put on 40mg Prednisolone from second July decreasing by 5mg weekly seen no improvement from bleeding (only 4 days so far ) waiting for appointment with gastroenterology. Any help or advice appreciated as feel I have been left in the dark also have no spleen as removed 45 years ago for It?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Whereabouts are you in the country?
    • Posted

Have you been to John Radcliffe Hospital oxford or St Mark's Hosp London as they are the gold standard for IBD and colorectal diseases. I would get a referral there if possible as they have the experience to treat you in the best way. If you asked a GP with UC or Crohns where he goes it would be to one of these 2. From personal experience JR is A*. The waiting lists are not too bad either. My son has just come out of JR and is very well. Wish we had gone there 2 years ago.

• Posted

Did you just ask your GP or your hospital consultant for a referal

• Posted

Hi, one more thing, though the vocanic water has helped me, I will add that my UC really stated in a non exercising phase in my life, it's for me always helped my condition by exercise. It isn't true for all, Sir Steve Redgrave, doesn't he have colitis? That water tastes better, anyhow. 
    • Posted

Agree the water is much better, never drank water as didn't like the taste always had fizzy pop or flavoured fizzy water 💦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.