colonoscopy report

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone , had the tests! don't understand the results report which is.. they were looking for crohns celiac and IBS... any ideas? or 4 week wait for biopsy results haha

Colonoscopy

Rectum Normal. Procedure: Biopsy

Sigmoid Colon Normal

Descending Colon Normal

Splenic Flexure Normal

Trasnverse Colon Normal. Procedure Biopsy

Hepatic Flexure Normal

Ascending Colon Normal. Procedure Biopsy

Caecum Normal

Terminal Ileum Not Visualized. Procedure Biopsy

Then Endo results are

Cricopharyngius Normal

Oesophagus Normal

Cardio to esophagus junction Normal

Stomach Normal Procedure Biopsy

Pylorus Normal

Duodenum first-part - Duodenitis

Duodenum second part Normal Procedure Biopsy

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Basically looks like you are all clear.  Since they haven't visualised anything suspicious the biopsies are almost certainly routine - part of the procedure - so even if they came back positive (which is unlikely) they are not likely to be causing any noticeable signs or symptoms.  If you've got bowel problems like IBS many Drs recommend a probiotic like FOS and you can buy bacteria in Holland & Barrett.  H&B don't sell FOS in the UK but can be bought from Amazon.
    • Posted

Brill thanks! Can IBS be a cause of iron b12 and folic acid def? X
    • Posted

IBS is a 'syndrome' -- i.e. a package of signs and symptoms - not a disease so it affeects different people in different ways.  If your IBS has been diagnosed by a doctor and is causing you cramping pains you can use Buscopan available from the pharmacy to relieve it.  If you are suffering from chronic diahorrea you need to take salt to correct the balance.  You can google for the right quantites; no need to buy special meds if you are capable of weighing/mixing salt and sugar.  Diahorrea can cause deficiency in micro nutrients like vitamins and minerals so a good multivitamin and mineral one a day tablet could be a good idea.

Your best bet is to give the medics a chance to write to you if there is a follow-up appointment or failing that go and speak to your GP taking a copy of your endoscopy/colonoscopy report in case they don't have it to hand.

From everything you've said it sounds like you haven't got anything much to worry about though that's easier to say than do! Maybe put a date in your diary for a follow-up phone call - one to two weeks hence - and try to chill meanwhile.  If you are losing a lot of fluid from your bowels and it isn't easing then you should contact your GP especially if you have blood or altered blood (tarry black stuff in your stools).

Good luck, I hope you're feeling well soon.

• Posted

How did you get these results? I had a colonoscopy and was given nothing like this.
    • Posted

On discharge from an NHS hospital for the ERCP I was given a 'Discharge Summary' addressed to my GP - mine was the patient's copy.  It included all that detail and some of the bloods.  Not all of the bloods which seems odd but maybe not to hand.  I've never had one for a colonoscopy or a monitoring endoscopy.  The ERCP is a procedure that borders on being an operation, mine carried out in the Surgical Day Unit.  
  • Posted

Duodenum first-part - Duodenitis

You have inflammation of the Duodenum,, this would make you feel uncomfortable when you eat smile

• Posted

Basically no (because IBS is invisible) - but depending on how puffy the Duodenum is - it would cause IBS like discomfort feelings smile
  • Posted

It looks good to me until you get your biopsy results backcould provesomething but it might not
  • Posted

You have an inflation of the Duodenum, the part of the small intestine that the Stomach empty to.  You had a Biospy, the removal of tissue for testing, in the Stomach, the Rectum (the area in the Colon that empty in the anal canal), The Transverse Colon (the part of the Colon that connects the ascending and decending Colon, spanning a good part of the upper belly, usually above where the much of the small intestines are), Ascending Colon (the part of Colon that takes from the small intestines and emptying into the Transverse Colon), and the Terminal Ileum, the structure that is a transition from small to large intestine and is near where the appendix is.

If your biospy results are clear then that would be good news!  Your physician has seen somethings abnormal in your digestive system which can be caused by several diseases or conditions and he wishes to know what the abnormalities he saw are about.

• Posted

Im just hoping its not celiac as that will explain the deficiences for the past 3 years! Hate the wait, will they treat duodenitis even if they can't find anything wrong as the belly cramps after eating have been really bad since those procedures
  • Posted

I had a colonoscopy done everything appeared to be normal but said the terminal lleum was not visualised, wondered if anyone knew what this meant. 

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.