Colonoscopy tomorrow

Posted , 3 users are following.

He everyone.  I am a new subscriber! I had a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago (this now being the third I have had) and they found a large polyp (flat and 4cm in size). It could not be burn off and tomorrow I am having the procedure AGAIN when it will be sliced off.  I, like everyone else I feel, find the prep rather unpleasant - not the taste - the after effects!  What I would like to say and have comment on is that I suffer a LOT of pain and discomfort when I have the procedure. I have now been told I have a "crinkly" colon and it is therefore difficult to access and difficult to get good images.  I have gone from pain relief only to pain relief and mild sedation and last time pain relief, mild sedation and entanox.  Still VERY painful... Anyone got any bright ideas as to how I make this simpler for myself?  Many thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi jane ive had a large polps removed 3 weeks ago mine was sliced into pieces and removed bit by bit with the wire loop somehow they inject it first that makes it fill up so they can get to it better you wont feel that.it takes longer for the prosedure but it needs to be removed it is painfull was for me to but not everyone is the same i shut my eyes and dont look at the sreen as dident want to see it in my head every day.you will be fine good luck x
    • Posted

Dear Shirley.  Thanks for your response.  It all went well, but I have to hae another one in 3 months time.  This will be my fifth colonoscopy!!! Like you, I felt it was incredibly painful, but as I said in my first post, I seemingly have a difficult colon!  Anyway, onwards and forwards.  Again, thanks for your response.

• Posted

hi so glad it went well did you have a popls removed like me or not 
    • Posted

Hi Shirley.  Yes, removed like you as they were flat and needed to be "hydrated" I acan't think why they want to see me in 3 months but at least they are looking after me!

• Posted

hi i think they need to check its ok did they tatoo the site they did mine i think its a ink in blue to find it easy i was showing low in iron defisincy thats why she sent me but my question is what do gps do about it once the bleeding has gone because the polps has gone are you suposed to go on iron tabs or something does anyone else know on here please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.