Colonoscopy with sedation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all had my colonoscopy this morning opted for sedation and i have to say it was fine all my worrying for nothing. The worse was taking the prep night before . I would have no hesitation getting it again piece of cake. 😊😊

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's very good news. First time was OK for myself. And it is possible you had an expert practitioner. 

Ruth

• Posted

My second time was a piece of cake. First and third a nightmare. So glad all went well for you
  • Posted

Glad for those for whom the procedure goes well.

My sigmoidoscopy, which is a colonoscopy lite, long ago did NOT go well.  And all the comments I've read about the procedure on top of my own experience, plus the fact that the prep is so much more for a colonoscopy means that I will never go back.

Luckily, I have no family history of cancer except for that related to smokers, and my lifestyle, although no guarantee of no cancer (tell me, isn't life one big risk after another??), means I will just take my chances, and be thankful for what I have today.

• Posted

Snap. I have firstly written to the local hospital trust making the point I could never listen to their staff in Endiscopy ever again nor trust them any of them. I shall stay away from that department. 

Keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.