come on guys I need feedback

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all,

I had my left hip done about ten months ago since it was collapsed. Now I have a problem with my right hip which is not completely collapsed but it is about to. Unlikely, my right side giving me a sciatica pain and it kills me. I can tell myself the left and right femur length are completely different in the x ray. my right hip op scheduled on Friday, 4th of Dec. My doctor had told me that I need the op for my left side when it was collapsed, and now for my right side, he is recommending thr though, he asked me if I could lean on more. I don't think I can, even if I can, I don't want a limpng life with a painful sulky face. My question is to the ones who had the op on both sides and how are you doing right now ? If I have my unoperated hip done just like the operated and healthy one, other than the weakness of the leg, I believe I will much more quality of life, and mobility. What do you say ?

Thanks, Tolga

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tolga, 

What is the alternative, sweetheart ?  

I have had 2 THR surgeries - 1st one on March 16, 2015 and 2nd one September 10, 2015 - Fresh out, so to speak .. 

Apparently you recovered very well after your left THR which will be fantastic when your right hip is done - 

I am not sure about the  sciatica you are suffering from right now and if it is related to your collapsed hip ... I am not a medical professional - did you ask your doctor? 

Anyway. go for it , have it done - 

big hug

renee

• Posted

done... 2 weeks now... almost same things with first one, however, being experienced is good. 
    • Posted

there you are !!!!   

So good to see you back here. all done before the holidays -

I was told to not compare the 2 surgeries ... it is and will be different.. 

mplease let us know how you are doing Tolga, when you feel like it of course ...

thinking of you

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I had two hip ops 18 months between. I am slower

than I expected, and at 8 weeks I have 1 crutch outside, no crutch 

in the house, but I have a limp, which upsets me. 

I know both hips and my back have to adjust. I work

on my balance etc to ultimately have no limp.

we all had the ops because there was no alternative.

I am glad I had it whatever, the pre op pain was bad,

and that has gone. Good luck with your op

Cathie

• Posted

Hi Tolga

I have had one hip done and although the other feels ok for now the physio (bless her heart the only one to bother to tell me) said there's 2mm of cartilage left. I feel so blessed to live in this day and age when I can have it repaired. In days gone by people got a walking stick or a permanent wheel chair, and life was effectively over.

Pain gives me a very grumpy face too. Go for it.

• Posted

hi tolga, 

just checking in with you to find out how you are doing?  

the wait is almost over - take care of yourself - have faith, sweetheart -

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.