Coming off Cit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seen my dr, we both agreed I might not need Cit. Going to cut down to 10mg over the holidays and come off it in the new year. I have learned quite a bit being on this medication, but most of all, I didn't work on myself enough which is what I am trying to do now. Either way, all the best to all of you and have an amazing Christmas and new year!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kayleigh, have you cut down yet ? Any improvements? Regards tom
    • Posted

Started 10mg Thursday, I feel amazing. Eating like a horse, sleeping like a baby. No more tired feeling throughout the day. My doctor didn't even argue. Gave it a shot and so far so good.

• Posted

Kayleigh, that's brilliant, sounds just like my experience , I'm sure you'll be fine now .

• Posted

Good afternoon. Was on Citalapram 20mg for about 7 years.

Tried coming off a couple of times as the causes were no longer

relevant. Told my wife and daughter and of course their evil eyes

looked for changes so I restarted.

This time I told no one, apart from GP, and it was easy. 10mg

for a month then 5 for a fortnight.

Point was I was not depressed and had to declare for travel

insurance. So no problems at all for me, hope hours can be as easy.

But don't advertise it or others, you monitor yourself.

• Posted

I was only on it for 3 months. 10mg now and I feel great. Going to stop all together after Christmas.
  • Posted

Hi All

I started 10mg/day of Cit 2 weeks ago, but had to stop it after just 6 days because it made me too ill, and kicked of a big fibromyalgia flare up. It is now 3 days after stopping, and I feel dreadful. Does anyone have any idea how long these withdrawal symptoms will last - having only taken 6 days of the drug?

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.