Coming up to nine weeks post bunion and two hammer toes surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I am coming up to nine weeks and starting to walk quite a bit in trainers. My toes still feel stiff and I can feel the metal implants in the hammer toes some of the time. Swelling reduced but still considerable. Toes still look very fat and enlarged. I would like to klnow how others are doing at around the same stage please?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

John I am a 7 1/2 month now and as you know am recovering from a 1st metatarsal fracture. But I can reassure you you are absolutely on track. Things will improve but it seems very slow, keep a diary of what you have achieved and how your foot feels week to week you will see a difference even if it is small. There are no quick fixes for this recovery it is SLOW but hopefully we will all benefit in the end.
  • Posted

I am also 9 months from surgery and feel much the same as you. No swelling but still painful to wear anything other than trainers. I had hoped to be pain free and in shoes by now. Had the same procedure in other foot 5 months ago and progress is similar to first foot, still considerable swelling. I am still hopeful that improvement will eventually come. 
  • Posted

hi john, i am nine weeks ish... post op on two bunion removals and hammer toe correction, i did have a metal pin taken out two weeks ago but my toes and big toe are very very swollen still and sting, burn, and it hurts to sort of stretch my toes so i am leaving well alone... when i wake up my toes are normal.. i look and think ohhh ooo if you stay like that ill be happy but after twenty mins its there, my other foot is ok ish.. still swollen but not like the one with the toe correction... it is really getting me down because i cant even get any sort of shoe or trainer on, i am out of the black boots but if i go out due to not being able to get a shoe on my sister takes me shopping in a wheelchair which i so dont like but i know i could not walk that far, prob only a couple of mins, i am taking pain killers but they are not really working.. every day just seems the same at the moment and its really getting me down... thank god we have this site to talk to other people who are going through the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.