Comment about Prostate Problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on this post for almost 2 years.  I just sent a message to one of the guy's on here name is Mark.  He will be having a Bipolar Turp on Friday at 6:30AM.  My prayers are with him.  I am writing this to all men of all age groups.  Please take care of your body and if you have any problems go to a doctor and have yourself check.  Don't wait.  I was one of them men that.   Oh I'm ok.   I will take care of myself.  2 years ago I ended up with Sespis and almost died.  After that is when my prostate started to mess up.  I caught my problem early and was able to have a Uro-lift and it has been fine. Mark waited to long and now the only thing he can do is the Bipolar Turp.  I feel sorry that that is the only thing he can do.  He has a prostate of over 100cc and has bladder stones 25 of them. I still can't get it through my head that being in 2016 the only thing that will help men in this problem it to distroy a mans body.  How can another man do that to another man. And say that it is going to help. And there will be no change in your life.  There will be alot of side effect...    I hope it does help Mark and he will feel better.  Life is to short to have these problems.  But with all surgery sometimes you heal one problem and come up with many others.  PLease check out all of the information on anything you are going to have done and look at the pros and cons of them.  When it comes down to it you are the only one to make the discision for you.  You will have to live with the ddiscision not your doctor.  Life goes on but I feel it is wrong to give up one thing for another.  To all men that will be having surgery I pray that you make the right choise for you and it all works out.  PS.  Mark I will be praying for you Buddy......Ken   

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just had bipolar turp, now post op day 5. I waited too long too. By trusting my primary doctor, I wound up with A 100 g prostate and an invasive surgery. I was on both tamsulosin (flomax) and dutasteride (avodart). They helped a little but being as I am only 59 I did not want to take them for the next 20 years.  I selected a urologist and my work up showed that TURP was the best option for me at this time so, I elected for the surgery. Since I was at the point where I could not go 20 mins without urinating; in the sitting position to keep from wetting myself, I knew I was done.. so here's a few tips I have. Don't wait too long, Advocate for yourself if you need a referral to a qualified professional. Select a doctor and hospital that uses modern procedures and techniques.. The old ways are brutal and out of date. Next, prepare for your surgery. as best as you can. Quit smoking, lose weight, exercise, hydrate and rest too. The better shape you can get into, the better you will tolerate anesthesia (anesthesia can cause more problems than the surgery!). Read everything you can and educate yourself about your condition and the recovery process so you know what to expect.  Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for a second opinion if you are not comfortable. Once you determine you want the procedure, commit yourself to it and follow through, It's kind of like a bad tooth,  its just going to keep getting worse and worse and I know just how miserable this condition is. On a positive note, I had this done 5 days ago and so far its not too bad,! Not too much pain and my urination is getting better every day. The main problem is re-training my bladder not to push so hard. After surgery follow orders. Drink LOTS of water to keep yourself flushed out and rest,  you'll be tired. I have found I actually have less pain now than before surgery and Im not really getting up anymore than I used too..I know this much. the longer it takes for your problem to become a problem, the longer it will take to recover. From what I read the recovery is slow so be patient  You're symptoms may actually get worse before they get better but in the long run you should benefit and get some relief.  Best of luck

• Posted

Dave I am happy for you.  If that is what you wanted to have. Good for you.  I had a urolift when I was 59 still going strong.  Not for a million dollars would I ever have that surgery. At 61 I still have a very intence orgasm and ejaculation.  They will never take that away from me.  I don't care if I'm not having kids  I still want it. Just saw my urologist on Friday  Had a scope done.  Stricture is fine.  Prostate is smaller then it was last year.  Implate are in the same stop that my doctor put them in and my bladder is clear.  Just had my PSA it 0.7  Doing great lost 50 pounds Not worried about my prostate anymore Have to worry about my heart now.  HR is down to 46 and I also have A-Fib.  I think alot of my problem is when I had Sepsis in 2014  Had the infection in my blood steam for 8 weeks,  Take care and I hope you improve more  Ken.

• Posted

Dave - How long did you have the catheter after surgery?  What was that like?  Mark
  • Posted

Has anyone out there had surgery on their bladder neck contracture ?
    • Posted

Why are you asking that question.  Did you have a turp or another procedure.  If they touch that you will get retro ejaculation??  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.