After effects of the Colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

[quote:baa4ce9192][color=darkblue:baa4ce9192][/color:baa4ce9192]

I had the Colonoscopy Monday morning, all went well, didn't feel a thing. All in all, a good experience. My concern is that it is Thursday and I am still experiencing cramping, frequent eliminations and really not feeling well. I have been staying away from foods that would cause gas or a loose bowel, however, that's not working. Has anyone out there had the same experience because I am not able to find anything about after effects of a Colonoscopy on line. Is it common to have these after effects or should I be concerned and call my Dr.?[/quote:baa4ce9192]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi so did u find out if it was normal? coz i had one on friday and its sunday now and i'm really not feeling well, cramps, weakness, dizzinessetc.. cant find much on net whether its normal or what... thanx.. sarah
  • Posted

I recently had the same procedure and am experiencing similar symptoms. I was wondering how long it was before you did return to normal?
  • Posted

I believe these symptoms are down to bacterial overgrowth syndrome, some folks have a weak ileocecal valve so when they inflate the colon this forces bacteria from your colon through the valve and into your small intestine smile
  • Posted

I had the same effect, or similar, following a colonoscopy some years ago. But still have the effects in the form of SIBO. At least I think that was the cause. I am having trouble having it diagnosed officially and treated on the NHA. Any tips how I can go about it, House?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.