Bendroflumethiazide new user - muscle ache

Posted , 6 users are following.

[b:4b82d7512e] :roll: SINCE TAKING BENDRO TO ASSIST LOWERING BLOOD PRESSURE IT HAS WORKED

BEEN ON THREE WEEKS NOW & ALSO A DIABETIC

HAD MUSCLE ACHE AT NIGHT - SIMILAR TO CRAMP

ALSO TAKING STATINS - CARDIOPEN - LININOPTRIL

DO NOT LIKE TAKING PILLS - AGE 67 MALE

TRIED TO GET OFF STATINS BUT DR & NURSE PERSUADED ME TO STAY ON THEM

USE NATURAL ALTERNATIVES - CASTOR OIL ETC - :roll: AS WELL PLUS A LOT OF EXCERCISE[/b:4b82d7512e]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been on this tablet (2.5mg) for over 10 years. I also take a number of other tablets for blood pressure. I have suffered for several years from leg pains and I have told my doctor of this but he never makes any comment. I now read on this site that this seems to be a common reaction to this drug. Why keep this info from the patient?
  • Posted

doctor put me on these tablets2.5 one a day since after about a week i started to get back ache-as my blood presher is only 140 i started to wonder why he insists on me taking these the nurse at the practise said i dont know why, your blood presher is good for 72 anyway i left them off for a week and my back ache as almost gone. what the alternative another tablet to get rid of the ache,s and pains,crazy...
  • Posted

See our leaflet on bendroflumethiazide - https://patient.info/showdoc/30002874/ - which says under the 'Can bendroflumethiazide cause problems' [quote:28df329e67]This medicine can occasionally cause you to lose too much potassium or sodium from the body .... Signs of excessive potassium loss are dryness of the mouth, increased thirst, irregular heartbeat, mood changes, muscle cramps or pain ... If you think you may be suffering from a lack of potassium or sodium or if you experience any other worrying symptoms, which you think may be due to this medicine, discuss them with your doctor or pharmacist.[/quote:28df329e67]

Patient Admin Team

• Posted

[quote:fc69b8c0b1=\"bikedunc\"]I have been on this tablet (2.5mg) for over 10 years. I also take a number of other tablets for blood pressure. I have suffered for several years from leg pains and I have told my doctor of this but he never makes any comment. I now read on this site that this seems to be a common reaction to this drug. Why keep this info from the patient?[/quote:fc69b8c0b1][quote:fc69b8c0b1]

TRY TAKING QININE EG TONIC WATER EACH DAY OR TABLETS - THAT WILL GET RID OF THE CRAMPS[/quote:fc69b8c0b1]

• Posted

So, we have to take a drug to counteract the effects of a drug? Seems like a \"no-win\" situation to me. The medical profession seem to think that \"as long as your blood pressure comes down, the rest doesn't matter\". What about Quality of Life??????????
  • Posted

[quote:95d4a6a224=\"Struggling \"]So, we have to take a drug to counteract the effects of a drug? Seems like a \"no-win\" situation to me. The medical profession seem to think that \"as long as your blood pressure comes down, the rest doesn't matter\". What about Quality of Life??????????[/quote:95d4a6a224]

Tonic Water did it for me, 50:50 tonic and orange in the evening, no cramp!

• Posted

Felodipine caused swollen ankles. Then GP said take Bendro diuretic. BP is not any any control. GP suggest continue the combination.Now, Bendro is causing rashes, muscle cramps at night and irregular heartbeat. BP is still not in control.

How does Tonic water help to prevent muscle cramps at night? What are the constituents of Tonic Water? Any specific brands?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.