Ano vaginal fistula so dibiatating

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a low ano vaginal fistula with a draining seton in awaiting an operation in oxford have no date as yet for the advancement flap. I had my seton placed on nye so it's been in a while I'm still off work as I am an office worker and have to sit down and as u must be aware sitting down has its drawback for too long sad I also suffer I I walk too far or eat out and badly I have diverticulous also. I have some good days where I think I'm getting better and will attempt to go bk to work then whoosh bang the bad days come back when I'm limping and just uncomfortable I have pain in my left butt cheek but mainly my leg I hate it so much I'm so tired all the time And fed up anyone out there feeling the same???? My fingers are so tightly crossed I will be in the good 50% so it works first time and I will be fixed but have such bad luck in general I just can't see it x anybody had the same and been to oxford to be fixed???????

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well I wasn't in good 50% had three failed ops and now awaiting a discussion on next step it's a bit boring now fed up 2 years on and still seemingly not better off x now have excess scar tissue to deal with too!!! It's hard to deal with cUse no one else seems to have this and my doctors are crap so I do t get any reAl support so have started counciling to c if it helps
  • Posted

Hi, I know you posted this 3 years ago but wanted to see how you got on? I'm currently in the same position following labour with my little girl... no surgeon where I live can help me and I keep getting told so many negatives about it all. 

Are you healed now? Did your symptoms improve ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.