Still having side effects 2 days after stopped taking

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed Metronidazole for an infection but had to stop taking the tablets because the side effects just buily up and up from a bad taste and feeling a bit drowsy to feeling sick tired and unable to coordinate. On the 3rd day of the tablets I found that I just couldnt do anything but go to bed and go to sleep as I felt so absolutely dreadful. I stopped taking them but still 2 days later I am experiencing fatigue. One minute I`m fine and the next I just have to sit down I`m so tired and I cant think straight. I`m hoping this is just going to wear off. Has anyone else had these after effcts as I`m really starting to worry there might be more to it.

I absolutely will never take these tablets again and am always going to check out info from other sources before taking tablets prescribed by a doctor again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi ya, just to let you know, i,ve been of these tablets now for 5 days now, and i still feel sh*t, i feel that i have no energy, always tired, dizzy, feel that im not good for driving, i feel like i now have a cold or blocked sinnusses, pains in my back were my kidneys are, but this as eased now,on top of that, they said i could have a drink ( lager) 48hours after i had stopped taking the meds, wish i had not have bothered, i was so ill i thought i had to ask my partner to ring 999,

I WILL NOT TAKE THESE MEDS AGAIN.

im sure we will back on track soon, hope you get well soon

• Posted

I had 3 days of metronidazole and have finished the course for 3 days and feel awful. Foggy brained, no energy, no concentration, sick and wobbly.

The alarming thing is I told my dentist I was allergic to Flagyl following internal bleeding when I had it before, and yet he has prescribed this. It is quite disturbing to find out this stuff is the same as Flagyl.

It is so difficult getting to see any NHS dentists though, that I dare not change my dentist or postpone the appointment to have the tooth removed.

• Posted

After 3 days of taking this medicine i have experienced severe stomach cramps and loose bowel movement my condition has worsened through out the day which left me unable to do basic daily activities.I will definately not be taking this medicine[u:4ea76dde0d] EVER AGAIN[/u:4ea76dde0d]. :bruised:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.