twitching on foot while sleeping?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi I just had left foot bunion surgery 1 day ago and this is very painful. I am having some twitches in foot and scared it will bust stitch or pop out screws or pin.. Anyone else had/have twitching?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I never had bunion just four hammer toes . The twitching lasts for a few weeks, nerves reconnecting, a good sign, I was told!  You have gad the worst now.x
  • Posted

During my first week I had crazy prickly pins and needles. My surgeon said it was the nerve endings. Ice helped a lot. 

He said imagine your feet to be like that sim city computer game and inside yor feet it's a construction sight frantically mending and healing your new feet. 

If you are experiencing a lot of pain please contact your surgeon, even for reassurance. That will also answer your worry about the pins coming out. They have to drill and hammer them in so it would take something huge to upset them.

• Posted

Hi, I'm 3.5 weeks post op for Scarf Akin and second toe alignment and get all sorts of funny sensations in my foot!  Mostly now it's just a bit uncomfortable.  The first 48/72 hours were the worst for me.  I am now able to walk about fairly well and yesterday cooked a roast dnner for the family with only a limited time off my foot.  However, today I'm back to leg up the back of the sofa and intend to eat chocolate and rest!

• Posted

Had left bunion surgery one month ago. Had twitching and still have it. Twitching, numbness, coldness, hotness due to an infection were all symptons that seemed part of the recovery. I've been back to see the Dr on two unscheduled visits so if your not comfortable about something I suggest calling. Alot of pain goes went with this recovery for me due to not taking pain killers. Rest- Ice - Elevate is the key to all our problems. Patience is the biggest key. Hope you heal soon.
    • Posted

Thank you. Pain isnt as bad today. 
  • Posted

Hi Nani

I had twitching the first 10 days. The nerves and muscles do take a good whack during surgery.

• Posted

If you can find the discussion thread "Hello There".  You will find lots of people asking/ answering/supporting each other.  Some of whom have contributed to your thread already 
  • Posted

Hang in here, its all normal, at least normal for a long while. Its a long road to go. Keep ahead of your pain meds at all times. Rest, drink, ice and elevate and remember " Your worth it"
  • Posted

Hi friends... I have a question- when will my toes shift? I have a gap between my big toe and I know its only One week in but just curious on how long they will shift. 
    • Posted

We've all got that gap- its a badge of membership of the bunion buddies!! Don't know when it shifts as I still have it after 8 weeks although it seem to be a bit smaller now than it was. At long last I may able to wear toe post sandals as I've never been able to do that before.

E

• Posted

I seen my foot yesterday to get dressing changed and I seen gap...didnt like the way it looked But I know it will be a while before it shifts.
  • Posted

Oh, I'm having the twitching as we speak! More on the left (phalangeal head resection) than the right (peroneal tendon repair.) It's terrible, feels like it's going to pop the incision right out. What have you found that helps? I'm a week post op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.