why do i constantly feel nausea?

Posted , 175 users are following.

I am constantly feeling sick!! it doesnt start first thing in the morning but throughout the day it just emerges. its now at the point where i choose not to eat if i feel sick because i completely loose my appetite, which is making it worse because im then hungry too( but eating just makes it worse)

I also have severe emetaphobia (the fear of vomit) so i am constantly worried about being sick due to it(another reason i dont eat if i feel sick, to prevent vomiting)

I have counselling for the emetaphobia so when i feel sick it is cast off as being 'in my head' by my counsellor and family.

i feel like i am stuck because i dont want to go to the doctors incase they give me any medication that has vomiting as a side effect but i cant keep feeling the way i feel because it is taking over my life.

There has got to be a cause for the nausea, i refuse to believe it is my 'anxiety' from emetaphobia that is making me feel this way.

I sometimes have really bad headaches that last for 5-10 minutes consisting of sharp pains in the head and over the eyes. I also have shooting pains in my lower abdomen, but whether this is linked to the nausea i dont know.

Any suggestions????

19 likes, 292 replies

292 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I understand where you are coming from with the nausea. I feel bad when I get up in the morning (after only a few hours sleep). I think I feel bad because I need to eat, but when I do, I have a lot of nausea. I start to feel better, then worse. So I figure I should eat more. I don't know how to help, but I sure do know how you feel. They said I needed by gallbladder, so I did, and feel the same, if not worse, than before.
  • Posted

I experience this same thing , along with my stomach problems I get sharp pains in my head , feel sick a lot like there's a lump in my throat almost .. Do you get that ? And what feels like indegestion but lilike food is stuck half way to my stomach lol ... Odd .... do you drink much water ? I find that usually helps neusea is there a pattern between what u do or eat ? 
    • Posted

Yes, I feel like you do. I have been drinking so much water. When I eat I seem to take deep breaths. It's not exactly like a lump in my throat, but a heavy feeling from my throat down. I was getting pains in my head, now it's my neck.
    • Posted

Hmm what has the dr said about it ? all my problems started after having bronchitis and a week of antibiotics then my stomach just went and can't seem to go back to normal , this was 5 months ago , had a sigmoidoscopy that came back fine , I also have pcos so I don't know if that's contributing to my problems but I have painful urination as well as bowel movements rolleyes very strange our bodies are sometimes !!
    • Posted

My doctor really has no clue. He thought it was my gallbladder, but after that came out, I felt worse than before. He keeps wanting me to have test after test, which I can't afford. I believe my troubles started in January when I thought I had sinus infection. I was put on an antibiotic which helped for 2 weeks.

Then I felt bad again. I am now on anxiety pills and antidepressants which I don't take because they make me feel worse. The only thing that depresses me is that NO ONE can figure out what is wrong with me.

• Posted

Hey, I see that this was 4 months ago so you've probably found out the problem by now but painful urination and bowel movements is usually a sign of irritable bowel disease, which is usually linked with anxiety (which can cause a number of physical problems, not serious, but causes pain throughout the body)... I'm no professional, in fact I joined this site as a patient so I wouldn't take my word as fact but from reading up regarding these same problems I figured I have anxiety disorders, I haven't had it checked as I actually found this out 2 nights ago but I plan to see a doctor to speak about it.
    • Posted

besides having difficulty swallowing and indigestion, do you have heart burn and or acid reflux?
    • Posted

Hi Batgirlknight,

I am literally living the exact same issue as you. I have had 24/7 nausea and night sweats for over 9 months now. It started whenI had bronchitis, was put on a steroid inhaler and antibiotics and have never been the same since. At first it was massive night sweating. Then the nausea started a month or two later and has not let up since. I have had the most thorogh GI work up ever --colonoscopy, 2 endoscopies with an ultra sound, biopsies of everything and I'm at my wits end. All my autoimmune tests are negative. Everything keeps coming back negative. The only thing that has helped me is that my naturopath put me on some vitamins and minerals that have calmed the nausea, but it still likes to creep back too often then not. Did you ever find out what was causing your nausea? I'm going out of my mind bc it's so dehibilitating. I know you posted over a year ago and I'm writing this hoping you may see this post. 

• Posted

I also had that lump in the throat, difficulty swallowing as well. 
    • Posted

HI Rose,  Maybe batgirl will see your post tomorrow.  But l can really empathise with you.  My long tale of woe.  l started with bouts of nausea from waking till bedtime over a year ago, theyd last few week then settle, but since last oct its become permanent, went off food, tea and biscuit a few times daily, nausea heavier on exertion, just walking above a few yards, horrendous trying to follow home and shop, l0min at a time then sit till it settles, very debilitating and depressing, tired, sleep, partly due to fatigue, part boredom at restricted life, part to escape the feeling and in hope to wake improved a bit,Knowing l wasnt getting enough protein vits and mins bought supplaments, and tried on most settled evenings to eat small plain meal with veg, chicken or fish, can eat yog,small sandwich, just have natural aversion to many foods l ate before, When its badly aggrevated makes me breathless, panting, to sit and wait for it to pass. 

l saw gastrologist in feb had scan, scope, bit of inflammation seen in stomach, not enough to explain symptoms, and omprazole as scripted didnt help, tried numerous scripted and chemist meds, supplaments, ginger etc.lactose free,  Although l dont get pain as such it does get sore in abdo when nausea bad, also twinges, lve actually seen gastro for last time tonight, he quite flip, as if its not a big deal, upset and angry at attitude,  but he  has transferred me to another gastro locally, months maybe, but new meds also to try, .  l had simular symptoms many years ago, but short lived, a day or so, now and again, 

that seemed to be linked to other symptoms which were much later diagnosed by scope as intersticial cystitus, treatment reduced symptoms by 90percent, so l was ok for years, just niggly attacks, and new research showed an anti b daily worked as preventative, so took a kefalexin daily, seemed to work well, then the nausea started. l have in this time stopped kefalexin, then got bacterial cystitus, a rare event, so back on anti bs again, stopped omprazole as not helping.  Now seem to be back to sq 1, but to get new meds from gp try yet, and wait for new gastro to contact. l have lost about a stone, but was 3 stone oweight, only posative about it.  When bad stomach bloated and belch a bit, thats common l think, the nausea not so much by looking at gastritus thread. 

With intersticial c, it caused bladder inflammation, but no bacteria in samples, or pain in passing urine, more pelvic pain, heat soreness, they speculate its allergic reaction, or auto immune, but dut to  research now think there could be bacteria deep in bladder wall, and lve had mornings waking with wet hair, and get chills, typical infection symptoms. but also bit of a sore throat and burny coated tongue at times.  Do you also get furious about it all, l do, mostly if people or docs treat it lightly, waking up to it each morning, an ordeal to overcome.  Sorry l cant enlighten you on cause or solution,my long ramble is to compare symptoms, and let you know your not on your own,  l know a few others on here with simular, maybe someone will enlighten or advice  Best wishes, 

• Posted

my original reply is for some reason waiting to be moderated. I just joined so this thread stuff is all new to me. 
    • Posted

okay so my original comment may be posted tomorrow, but in the meantime.... i've started doing adrenal tests, and am seeing an endocrine dr. soon. i did a saliva test and a lyme disease test. you are not alone. i get the frustration and the entire nightmare. I had two days where I wanted to die. I get it. That said, I'm in warrior mode and know there is a reason for all this nightmare and am determined to figure it out. there is no way this is simply 'anxiety'. 

Here are the things that have helped me: 5htp in the  morning <--this is not for everyone. if you vomit, it's not for you. calcium/magnesium, b6, zinc, tumeric and borage oil. after all the digestive testing, i'm convinced its somethign else causing this. my symptoms aren't gone but are slowly getting better. my theory is i wont go on pharmaceuticals until i see the test results. the zofran and the omprazole didn't help me either. my theory is let my body talk, i will listen and continue playing detective. my diet is clean and i'm doing acupuncture. i would suggest finding a good naturopath to be the other voice in the dr. mix. it's worth it. sending you lots of positive energy. you're going to get through this.  is="" not="" for="" everyone.="" if="" you="" vomit,="" it's="" not="" for="" you.="" calcium/magnesium,="" b6,="" zinc,="" tumeric="" and="" borage="" oil.="" after="" all="" the="" digestive="" testing,="" i'm="" convinced="" its="" somethign="" else="" causing="" this.="" my="" symptoms="" aren't="" gone="" but="" are="" slowly="" getting="" better.="" my="" theory="" is="" i="" wont="" go="" on="" pharmaceuticals="" until="" i="" see="" the="" test="" results.="" the="" zofran="" and="" the="" omprazole="" didn't="" help="" me="" either.="" my="" theory="" is="" let="" my="" body="" talk,="" i="" will="" listen="" and="" continue="" playing="" detective.="" my="" diet="" is="" clean="" and="" i'm="" doing="" acupuncture.="" i="" would="" suggest="" finding="" a="" good="" naturopath="" to="" be="" the="" other="" voice="" in="" the="" dr.="" mix.="" it's="" worth="" it.="" sending="" you="" lots="" of="" positive="" energy.="" you're="" going="" to="" get="" through="">

• Posted

Hi Rose, thanks for response and advice, l,m also convinced mine is another cause other than gastritus and acid reflux, might add to it, but so think for me connected to bladder, maybe deep infection, Even gstrologist said `well you know your own body`, and yeh its not always a case with me of deciding against certain foods, l have a natural aversion to them, havent had tinned or ready meals in months, very small plain and fresh when in mood.  l,m not referred to another gastrologist locally, will see, but still wanting and waiting for cystascope, to confirm or rule out bladder wall infection. Problem is everything is slow with nhs, weeks, months,years and your living with this miserable condition and restriction l felt bad last night after seeing gastrologist, its when they dont seem to take it as urgent, but know others have same, some worse than me it seems, even bedfast, thank God l,m not at that. Today felt a bit better and did a few jobs, still short lived, but did them. l have had real low times usually facing it from waking, but do get through, and like you l get in attack mode, get angry about it, and those who make light of it, so do research for myself, and think l,ll crack this if it kills me in the process. l think youve got to believe in yourself, or you could start having doubts, my son took me to clinic, we had a cuppa in in cafe after and a chat, he,s very good, a therapist, so dont unload on to him often, but he helped last night, lve read many posts on here and judge that most who are having serious symptoms and getting no diagnoses, are genuine and desperate and not having phycosomatic or phycalogical symptoms, a few maybe but most not. Plus l had intersticial cystitus symptoms for years and no diagnoses, gyny, hormone, phycalogical, it just took the right ologist and test to get diagnosis, and often gps and even consultants miss things, ideas, tests, so many obscure or rare conditions not tested for or thought

of. l did get magnesium after reading symptoms of deficiency, and b6, also probiotics, milk thistle, small plain meals. l,ll give others a try, more so alternative pracitioner, lve even heard of physio,s diagnosing things you wouldnt expect them to.   At present l,m in determined mood, some of it for the wrong reasons l guess, to prove the cynics wrong, also that people should get more help sooner, with whatever chronic health problem some endure for an age, might as well endure restrictions in a posative way as is poss, even sat at computer researching and learning, advicing.  l think there is a immune system vunerability, allergens, pollutants, but still learning, even dr,s are, some dont learn as quick as others.  Well another long ramble, so hope you and all get solutions soon. Best Wishes.

• Posted

Are you still getting the nausea now? I've been having it for a month now, even had an operation so they can put a camera in there and have a look around and said everything looked fine, i can't do car journeys even sitting in a car makes me feel sick but it's not car sickness as I've never had it before, I feel sick when I'm out especially at restaurants, just don't know what to do from here I've had test after test
    • Posted

Hey em97313,

Are you still feeling the nausea now? I've had the same thing for 2 years and it's worse at work, at restaurants, at the cinema and when I eat sad have you had any tests?

• Posted

I feel.exactly same as you, I don't know what to do, I've had a few blood.tests but that's it!! What about you?
    • Posted

Hi Natasha!

I've had blood tests too and nothing has come up out of the ordinary. Practically living on buccastem (anti sickness tablets) sad

I feel sick all of the time and have done for nearly 3 years now and it doesn't seem like there's an end in sight sad

• Posted

Hi Emily,

I'm.basically living on anti sickness.tablets and they aren't working atall I'm getting.so anxious.over this all.the time which makes. me. worse,I've been the same.as.you years now this has gone on, I don't.know how much longer I can cope.with this, it's affecting.my.relationship.with my boyfriend and.that, do you have good days and bad days?

Natasha x

• Posted

I feel this way and have been trying to take sips of water regularly but that just makes me feel sick...... This has lead to me not eating or drinking properly for several hours now.... I haven't been to the doctors yet as it only happened today but I am feeling really hungry. I also have a sharp stabbing pain in the back of my head that has moved down to my neck and even though I'm on ibuprofen for an injury it doesn't seem to help..... What should I do????
    • Posted

Me too bro i did all the test and all are negative. Please tell me what did u do my life was destroyed i lost 25kg please answer me if u get my message
    • Posted

Did you ever recover ? I have had problem with bowel movements/ discomfort in bum(lol) and stomach appetite/ overall sick feeling since taking antibiotics for a sinus infection. It's been 7 weeks and confused as to why I haven't fully recovered. Any advice would be great. :-/
    • Posted

I am dealing with the same thing. I have been to a million doctors and nutritionists. Two years later and no answers. I need help!😁😂
    • Posted

My nausea is terrible. I was also on steroids and antibiotics and then the nausea came. I am looking for answers. 

Thanks for your help!

• Posted

Hello, I am going through the same thing! Took antibiotics 6 months ago and been sick ever since. Did you resolve this issue? How? I am hoping you respond I am desperate for relief!
    • Posted

I understand how you feel! Going out in public makes it worse and it's a terrible position to be in.. I make sure to always have things that could help a little like ginger ale, mints, gum. I also take anti-nausea medicine on almost a daily basis some days it works better than others. I've had it going on for a year or so and it keeps getting worse. I also have a fear of vomiting especially in public. It's like a nightmare you don't wake up from..

• Posted

Hey, do you still feel like this ? I feel everything your feeling the lump in my throat feels like a big ball of air trapped and have to burp or be sick , don't like leaving the house because I feel I could be sick any where at any timesad

Doctor gave me anti sickness tablets that don't work!

It's making me depressed and it's affecting my relationship.

It would be great if you had any info to help me rolleyes

I appreciate you wrote this over a year ago but I'm desperate

Thank you

• Posted

I know how you feel 2 months now and I have been sick everyday I've lost 1stone due to being sick at least 4 times a day ! The lump in my throat feels horrible burping or throwing up

• Posted

I'm no dr.. but sounds like Gerd.. sleep with your pillow elevated 6 inches up.. don't lay flat at night.. also ..no acidity .. no sodas..no tomatoes.. no acids!! Go to your Dr and have it checked out.. the lump ..burpy throat sounds like acid coming back up.. burns your Throat..makes swallowing uncomfortable..not to mention the feeling in your throat/belly/chest. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

I hope you went to see your Dr about this, and that you are feeling better
    • Posted

I feel the same but this reply was a long time ago so i dont really know if you figured it out or not. But Im only 11 years old and I went to the doctor. The doctor said that I was eating to much unhealthy food and that I should lay off the carbs. I am having acid reflux and I always feel nauseous at night but when I wake up it goes away. I have a huge fear of throwing up or vomit and I dont know what to do anymore. Each time I eat a medicane it makes my stomach hurt even more. Someone please help me! Im also going on a plane in like 4 days so should I do something else? (Btw I am lactose intolerant and I havnt eaten anything dairy)
    • Posted

Hi batgirlknight. I know it's been a while since your post, I'm just wondering if your symptoms cleared up? Did you find out what it was? I feel constantly nauseous, struggle to eat and also have pain when urinating. Hope you can help, :-)

• Posted

Hi, I know this post is from a year ago but I have exact same problems as you for almost 2 years now. Mine all started after bad headaches which the doctor said was a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics.

After that I started suffering severe nausea, loose bowels and more wind than usual. I have had so many sets done and all negative.

Did you ever find out what was causing your issues?!

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi, I have had the same issues as you. I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection January 2015. Ever since then I started suffering really bad nausea that got worse and worse. Also having loose bowel movements and more wind than usual. Had so many tests done and all negative! Did you find out the cause of your problems? Help!
    • Posted

Hi, I have had the same issues as you. I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection January 2015. Ever since then I started suffering really bad nausea that got worse and worse. Also having loose bowel movements and more wind than usual. Had so many tests done and all negative! Did you find out the cause of your problems? Help!
    • Posted

That happened to me too! Ever since I had bronchitis , I've been feeling constantly nasueous. I wake up nauseous & remain nauseous throughout the whole day. I take iron pills so that kind of confused me on whether it's from the pills or the bronchitis or whatever. But I never felt this bad before having bronchitis.

• Posted

Hi, I recently saw a Dietition who told me that most of my problems sound like there related to the 8 lots of antibiotics Iv taken over the last six months! She couldn't believe how many antibiotics I had had (all for uti, and one lot for mastitis). She told me the wind and stomach noises were due to the probiotics I have been taking since August. Apparently it's the good bacteria in the probiotics killing off the bad.

I also started taking digestive enzymes before meals which have helped massively, I would deff recommend trying them. Iv managed to put on 3lb in a week now Iv stopped being sick! Still have a long way to go to get back to a healthy weight but it's a start :-)

I also saw my chiropractor who told me I had a lot of pressure on my gallbladder, I had two sessions with him and the pain in my stomach has more or less gone.

• Posted

Hi,  I can totally sympathise with you here.  I have been suffering nausea for almost 2 years now after being treated with antibiotics for a sinus infection.  I can be woken up during the night as if I am about to throw up and have to sit up quickly.  I am never sick.  I then can't get back to sleep due to the nausea.  I can feel it throughout the day too.  It seems to come and go in waves.  I can be ok for an hour or so then bang it hits me again.  I have had lots of tests down however no answers as yet.  Do you have any other symptoms?  Or is it just constant nausea?

• Posted

Hi Lucy,  you sound similar to me.  I started feeling sick after antibiotics for a sinus infection almost 2 years ago.  Along with the nausea I get loose bowel movements, sometimes twice a day, wind and my stomach or gut makes lots of gurgling noises.  I have had lots of tests done to make sure I didn't have an ulcer etc.  I struggle to eat when i feel sick and have lost lots of weight which is worrying as I am only tiny to begin with!  I tried probiotics for a month however I didn't feel much difference.  Did you have any of the same symptoms as me?  I am interested in the digestive enzymes you take.  I feel as if I can be ok for a couple of days then it is as if something triggers off the sick feeling etc.  I was wondering if it was to do with my digestive enzymes not breaking down food properly.  Is that why you take them?

Thanks,

Lorne

• Posted

Hi Bianca,  this is exactly what happened to me!  Antibitics after a sinus infection have left me with feeling sick, loose bowels, wind, no appetite, losing weight!  Have you managed to find out the cause of your issues?  Please help!

Thanks,

Lorne

• Posted

I just take ordinary digestive enzymes before meals. It makes a big difference to me, stops the nausea and helps to break down food better.

Iv also had a lot of tests that have all come back clear, very frustrating when I know I'm not right.

• Posted

Hi Lucy, I will have a look into the digestive enzymes. thanks!

I had a doctors appointment today and he is referring me back to the Gastroenterology department for further tests!  I hope they can do more than they already have.

• Posted

Lorne, you've no idea how relieved I am to see you posted this a fortnight ago. I'm in hell just now. I took antibiotics for an infection 3 months ago. Fluxcloxicillan (sp?) for 9 days. I took them as instructed on an empty stomach, but was busy that week and took it a bit too far.

In case this is relevant to anyone, here are symptoms I had from day 2 of taking them, to now (3 months later. How grim is that?)

- tremors (stopped a week after finishing course).

- leg pain. (Stopped a week after taking course).

- nausea (aftermath)

- vomiting (last day of taking course - violent and unrelenting tbh)

Since then I've had multiple symptoms. Acid feels like it's bursting up my throat, pressure feels like it comes up from my stomach and down my throat when I eat. I was severely dehydrated and had a dodgy stomach for 2 weeks but no bleeding from intestines, which the doc checked me for.

I had oral thrush which made it hard to swallow. I was dry heaving for 3 weeks and it seems connected to the supposed GERD I've been diagnosed with, because I still get that about once a week and itsee terrifying. It feels like I could be sick there and then and my throat is tight. My soft palate has been swollen and I've been more susceptible to infections, like a throat infection I've just recovered from, which keeps the swollen throat going. My tongue is covered in white stuff that's not thrush because allegedly that's cleared too.

My symptoms vary. I feel fine as some of you said for a few days then either wake up with pressure, a nervous stomach, or a tight throat. If I wake up or develop these during the day it's game over for ingestion. I barely eat on these days. I also have started taking panic attacks as a result of this.

I sometimes get nausea on its own, usually on an empty stomach or a delayed reaction after eating. I burp constantly on some days. Today was a bad one and I had water all afternoon, which made me burp intensely but didn't have nausea after relieving that.

I had a chronic cough prior to the throat infection. If I felt acid coming up I would cough and sounded like I was a heavy smoker. I don't smoke and haven't had a drink for 3 months pretty much.

Things work temporarily. On a good day I eat as normal but anticipate getting worse. I've been trying probiotics (acidophilus) and digestive enzymes. They seem to work a bit but I still get off days. When I get an off day I'm terrified. I've not had a fear of being sick before but I'm scared of this unrelenting feeling that's dominated my life recently. I scuttle home after work, can't handle meals out with people on certain nights, can't enjoy a drink in my spare time, and wake up with anxiety for days if I get a set back. I love food, fun and sleep but you wouldn't know that about me just now.

I'm going back to the doc to see what they say. I've been tested for diabetes, thyroid, inflammatory markers and CBT which all came back fine. The girls in work have suggested h plyori and my nurse said gastritis with a following documents appointment suggesting GERD. Been trying to sort it out naturally but fear I'll need more tests - which surprise surprise have caused anxiety. Good luck to everyone, it's a nightmare!

-

• Posted

Hi, it sounds terrible what you are going through. Some parts I can totally relate with. I am a shell of the person I use to be as well. There seems to be a lot of people from what I have read that have had antibiotics and then all of a sudden end up with nausea and a list of other side effects. It's as if the antibiotics have knocked your whole system out.

I have had numerous tests done and nothing has showed anything yet but I still live in hope! Keep going to your doctors, the more you keep going back, the more they'll just need to work at it to get to the bottom of the issue. That is what i am doing. Have you had an Endoscopy? Also h. Pylori is good to rule out. So that is good you are going to be tested for it. I also hate tests, I get very nervous and suffered from anxiety but I always think to myself this test could solve what is wrong with me. So try keep that in mind.

Let me know how you get on back at your doctors if you get any answers. Wishing you luck!

Lorne.

• Posted

Hey, Lorne. Thanks for replyingsmile Forums are making me feel less lonely right now!

I'm so sorry you're going through this, too. I can't believe how many people have said antibiotics affected them. I've not felt the same since I finished that course.

How are you getting on just now? I'm in a vicious circle again. Since Saturday I've barely been able to eat. I had a bad spell of nausea after eating eggs and it's panicked me. I'm like you, I have anxiety but I've never had it to this degree. I think it's because I've not got to the bottom of this. I have awful health anxiety and the reason I took antibiotics was for an infection that had been uncovered through a dodgy smear test result (has since been given all clear). A week before I took a short course of anti b's for a UTI. I also had bad migraines for a short period when i started working in an office so I had a bunch of other unrelated symptoms I had to rule out and with this the anxiwty has tipped over the edge. Until 4 months ago I was seldom in the doctors so this has floored me. I don't have much motivation anymore. When I feel sick my thoughts start racing and that scares me too. I've started taking panic attacks and that was something I didn't have to this extent before this whole episode.

I'm only 30 and it makes me really sad because it feels like my life is slipping from under me. I'm scared to go back to the doc but I think I need to. They've not done an endoscopy and I'm terrified of needing that done, but scared to feel this way forever as well. I'm hoping for h pylori because it's an explanation! When people tell me anxiety exacerbates it it worries me just as much as if it's a chronic disorder because I've lost control.

I'm not sleeping very well again. I had managed to sort my anxiety out in the last 2 weeks (bizarrely this is when I had a mild chest infection) but it's come back with a vengeance since. The worst feeling for me is when my throat closes up. It's almost like a gag reflex thing. I feel so close to being sick and then that kicks in. Quite often it makes me burp and that eases it but it usually happens in the morning or about an hour after I eat. Like things want to come back up and my throat and stomach are in constant opposition.

I have noticed everything is worsened with anxiety but not being able to eat definitely makes that worse. I think it's to do with blood sugar spikes. I still get hungry but I'm so scared to eat I can barely look at food the same way. I'm scared because I'm 8.5 stone and very sleight as it is. People are beginning to wonder if I have an eating disorder but I'm just sick of feeling sick.

It's a mess and as much as I don't want to go back, I think I need a refferal. I can't live like this forever, I'm losing my marbles. I hope you find relief soon, keep me updated! On good days probiotics, enzymes and passion flower tea really help. Marshmallow root really cleared up irritation I had in the esophagus from thrush.

• Posted

Hello, Yes Forums really help me too, to know you are not alone.

For the past 3/4 days I have actually been feeling ok and managing to eat well, thankfully!  I am sorry to hear you have been the opposite.  It really is a vicious circle when the nausea hits.  I start to panic too.  I try remain calm but it is hard not to.  I know anxiety can cause nausea but it is always the nausea first then the panic which probably does make it worse.  I try remind myself I won't be sick but the feeling can be so overwhelming at times, it is hard to think you aren't going to be sick! 

I am completely floored with it too.  No energy to do anything, I am only 26 and I know life shouldn't be like this for any of us.  I am so under weight too.  I use to get embarrassed too in case people thought I had an eating disorder but it is not for the want of trying to eat! 

I too was terrified of the Endoscopy, I explained that to the consultant doing it and they made sure they sedated me well and numbed my throat.  I do not remember a thing.  I woke up and couldn't believe it was all over.  It could be h.pylori causing the issue for you though, fingers crossed for you to save the Edoscopy procedure!

Have you tried keeping food diaries?  Do you feel the nausea comes over you after eating certain foods?  I know you said you had eggs and felt the nausea.  Have you had eggs before and felt it?  I have had food intolerance tests done and cut lots of things out but not made much difference at all, but could be worth a shot.  The only thing I have cut out in the last week is bread and onions and I have actually been feeling not too bad.  Maybe just going through a good spell just now, so hard to tell.  I have been keeping note of everything I eat as well.  I done this last year though and gave up as couldn't work out if food was even the cause!  Everything worth a try but.

I am back at my doctors tomorrow to discuss blood test results.  Having bloods redone next week and due at the hospital in December.  Also handed in bowel samples so await those results too.  Hoping something comes up ASAP!

Hope you feel better soon and keep me posted on how the doctors go!  Maybe we will get a result together!  Glad passionflower tea helps, I usually take ginger tea to help settle my stomach.

• Posted

Hey Lorne.

Oh I hope your bloods end up ok, please keep my posted. I think I need them done again sInce this hasn't gone away on its own. And seems to be getting worse again.

You sound like my twin, I'm in the same boat with all of this! I have good days, and parts of days that are good. Last week I was getting my weight back up and eating 3 course meals. This week started with me feeling choked up and "gaggy" and then nausea kicked in. Weirdly the nausea is a newer thing - for the first month of this the majority of my symptoms were in my throat!

I spiral between freaking out and being ok. Hormonally I'm better than the beginning of the week shall we say, so I started feeling sick again an hour ago and am coping better. I am also really thin and conscious of people thinking I have an eating disorder, it sucks.

On burpy days I can't do anything. I just had a herbal tea and buried my way through it- but burping does relieve the nausea. My stomach clamps up when I start thinking about my throat so I dunno what's going on.

That is so reassuring about the endoscopy, thank you! My family are urging me against it which isn't exactly helping my fears.

There is speculation I either have h pylori or an ulcer. My life has been stressful in the past year. People are saying hernia too. Occasionally I worry it's a serious illness (on days I can't eat I definitely do), but mostly I worry it's not going away.

I'm sitting near a Christmas market and I am hungry which is a good sign. I also have a few folk in my life who have had similar issues and support is out there. God knows I need it - I've gone from being busy, active and outgoing to freaking out if there's a bang on the telly. Anxiety is playing a part here but I think until we get answers it will continue to go in its wee circle. Good luck tomorrow x

• Posted

i also feel its a nightmare. l had been taking anti biotics a long time as a preventative to bouts of ic, and all well for a time. Then started with bad nausea from waking to bedtime, but didnt throw up, but the heavy nausea is horrendous and mine is worse with movement, tried all chemist suffe, a couple of herbal thngs, none helped. When bad l,d also get blaoting burping, sometimes breathless. massive restrictions and a miserable feeling, did get down and anxious, gp tried a few anti nausea, didnt help, Finally saw gastroenteroloist, on list for scan and scope, he saw a bit  of inflammation, byut not enough to cause such severe symptoms, charming. he did try me on omprazole, l had been daignosed wih acid reflux years before, but never rally had much probs wih it, and theyd put me on cimetidine for it. The omp did settle it well, but still got off half days now and again, could live with that after months of constant, l couldnt eat when bad bouts, and did lose 2 stone, in recent months more bouts aagain, 3 days last week, 3-4 days settled then bad again last 2 days, l have plain simple diet, a bit of chicken fish veg pots pasta rice, no tins processed spicy and fatty, so dont know what aggrevaes or settled, l do use probiotics, spring water, yogurt, but no wiser. Today l wss supposed to see consultant about heart prob, couldnt go as nausea making me clammy and as if l,d pass out, second time lve cancelled, too much walking even 20yrd would aggrevate, so was told l,d be referred back, punishment, and some do abuse, but l just cant move much when nausea bad, it is a nightmare, and its not just appt, its social, cant maintain freindships  unreliable, cant go on hols or weekends. doing jobs in home problem, my anxiety lst night was very bad, like you it starts a bit  then aggrevates physical, vicious circle, legs jumping abouit trying to  sleep, get my mind of it. l wouldnt dare drink at all now. or rich food, still it can be relentless and that is bad, never know wht next day will bring, last two bad as tonight, headache tinnitus along with neause sore tum. The drs dont seem to take it very seriously or how bad it affects. yiu can  have endo awake or asleep when yioy dont feel nayhing and wake up ok recover quick, good luck
    • Posted

I have heartburn & nausea. I had a tubal 11 years ago so i dont think im pregnant but i sure feel like it

• Posted

I don't have the answer, but my story is very muchlike yours. If I find anyhting that helps, I'll let you know.

• Posted

Same here man ive been feeling sick when it comes to night and it continues everyday i get acid reflux almost everyday now ..it makes me feel like im going mental cuz it also messes with my vision at night an this whistling in my ears any hellp with thisss
    • Posted

Dear twain68521 have you been to a doctor??? That should be your next step....
    • Posted

Hi,

Last winter I went through a nightmare for more than six months. My nausea started when I was trying to quit smoking and improve further my physical shape as I was in a good shape anyway. I had gastritis for many years and I've always been so careful about what I eat and drink.

To stop my nausea I tried everything I knew, a mild stomach saving diet, digestive enzymes, antacids, herbs, but nothing helped.

I had to go for gastroscopy, colonoscopy, scan, blood tests for different disorders and autoimmune diseases, capsule endoscopy, etc. There was nothing that could justify the horrendous nausea I had all the time. I lost 8 kilograms. Friends and doctors were telling me that it could be anxiety and I was so angry with everyone who told me that... Untill one day I got a phone call from a person who made me give up on the plans for the future that I had. I just gave up on everything one night and went to sleep with my nausea but with a relief as well... The next morning I was feeling normal and asked myself: "And what about if today I don't get nausea at all?" and I didn't get it! Like a miracle after a few months of hell, I was nausea free. And for my biggest surprise what I experienced was a proof that my the nausea I had was due to anxiety and feeling down.. My happiness lasted three days and when I asked myself: "And if I've given up on my planes, what am I going to do? And how to deal with anxiety if it appears again?" Baaang!! In 15 minutes I was feeling sick, nauseous, and threw up again...

I went to a three different psychiatrists, psychotherapy... Tryed herbal tranquilazers, had good and bad days.

Currently taking an antidepressant to control my anxiety long term and heavy dosage of valerian root when needed which is a herb that helps you to calm down a bit... The most important is: last winter I was thinking I was going to die if doctors don't discover what's wrong with me, I was scared and I was a 100% sure my suffering wss caused by s serious physical problem, there was no way to believe that it could be anxiety! Here you go, it is anxiety... After 20 years of yoga it still happened to me.... Currently feeling almost normal, sometimes I get scared that the same may happen again, scared of dying, scared of other things as well... Removal to another country is what's next with all insecurities that moving from one country to another might bring you...

• Posted

Same here... I'm eleven and IDK what to do-even though I'm starting to feel better(And my case is slightly different(A lot more different) than yours)

I've recently been to Japan, and I was taking a short walk along the side of a beach with my father, and a strange, caramel colored, flying, Cockroach shaped insect flew up to my arm. I did the natural thing, and swatted at it with my hand while shrieking. Afterwards, I remembered that cockroaches had many different types of diseases and bacteria, and I had to wait until we got back to the car, then I wiped the place where it landed on me. 

Later on, during the trip, I started feeling sick, but only for short periods of time. I didn't know why though, and decided to let it slide. When I got back to my homeland, I started to feel sick for longer periods of time, until recently, where I started feeling sick for almost the whole day. I reported this to my father, who is an eye doctor. He thought that I had the flu, and gave me antibiotics, and a painkiller. I've took them for two days now, and I feel better, but I still have that mild feeling of throwing up(I have a huge fear of it as well). Should I continue taking the antibiotics and the painkiller?

• Posted

Hi I'm actually having the same nausea feeling in my stomach but since I see a lot of u are taking antibiotics that could be the culprit taking antibiotics on a empty stomach can cause stomach irritation ulcers and stomach inflammation I'm no doctor but I know that taking to many antibiotics at once or on a empty stomach will have u throwing up eating will make it a lot more bearable but google recommends eating at least 2 hours before taking medication but hey what does google know lol I hope u feel better 

• Posted

Sorry, I know this is super late in the game at 2018, but I’m sick of this! I’ve been experiencing severe nausea and back-of-the-throat feelings for the worse end of three years and counting. It’s gotten to the point where if I eat anything I almost immediately puke, regardless of where I am. Because of this, I am severely underweight and rapidly losing more. My doctor had at first suggested bulimia, however discarded the idea because I absolutely LOVE to eat. However, with my puking constantly and no physical signs for explanations, I am quickly running out of time and patience! I’ve been to hundreds of doctors, all of which have no idea what’s wrong with me. I’ve been to universities and professors as well. Please, if anyone in this thread can help, I’d really appreciate it!
    • Posted

Hi I was looking through reading what people have to say because lately I had been feeling nauseous for everything I even though j was pregnant but hope I'm not . Just comes and goes idk why though . But I'm reading your post saying nobody knows what is wrong with you let me tell you GOD is the great physician Man can only do so much The drs don't know what is wrong with you BUT GOD CAN HEAL YOU IN TJE NAME OF JESUS . idk if this is appropriate on here but in the name of JESUS. I speak to any sickness and whatever is causing you pain or discomfort to leave your body in the name of JESUS !!!! Be Healed in Jesus name . God is able to do More than we can think or ask SEEK GOD PUT HIM FIRST AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE ADDED UNTO YOU BY FAITH IN THE NAME OF JESUS . GOD BLESS YOU

• Posted

Hey, I know this is pretty late, but look into cyclic vomiting syndrome and gastroparesis. I have been living off of zofran and a soft semi vegetarian diet for several years due to the neusea and vomiting. I hope you find an answer soon if you haven’t already. It took me 4 years to find a doctor that would run the tests for gastroparesis.
    • Posted

I have the exact same problem and it starts after a bad case of bronchitis . Did you ever find out what it is?
    • Posted

I have not been tested for cyclic vomiting, but I have been tested for gastroparesis and other digestive disorders, all coming back negative.

I’ll look into cyclic vomiting, but I’m not sure my regular doctor could test for that. I’ll see what I can do to get some kind of answer, though.

I hate to say this, but honestly it’s ruining my life. I can’t go anywhere without upchucking, and it’s making my sister unnerved (because she has a phobia of vomiting). I’ve been to multiple psychologists, thinking it might be a mental thing, but instead they point me to the doctors, who in turn direct me back to the psychologists because they can’t find anything wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.