branch retinal vein occlusion in left eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone has experienced this branch retinal vein occlusion

before and if so what was the outcome, did your vision improve..I

am currently taking eye injections (Avastin)..I have only gotten 2 injections so far & i was told it could take up to a year or so before the swelling goes down..Right now I am having problems with my central vision..I have a blurr spot in it...

thank You,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I know this is over a year ago, but wondering what your outcome has been.  I have just got one and also having Avastin injections 4 weekly.
    • Posted

Ho Priscilla, I'm sorry to hear your having this problem to..I did the Avastin shots for 4 months & it didn't help so then I did Lucentis for 8 months and it just kept it stable. So now I'm on this new med called Eylea and I have only had one shot of this med...My doc said that this drug barely came out in Oct of last month & she has used it on some patients & they showed improvement...My vision has not got worse nor has it got better, its just stable, which I thank God for that...How is your vision & is it effecting your central vision or out vision..mine is the central...Hey I found an article of this lady who said she had the same exact thing Luke us and she healed herself with Chinese herbs.. She said her doc couldn't believe the outcome within 3 months...Where are you from .. I live in San Antonio Texas...do U have Facebook cause if you do I would like to friend you so I can send the article to you threw FB so maybe you can look into it as well.. I'm going tomorrow to look for the Chinese herbs.Let me know about the FB..
  • Posted

Hello,  Mine started on the side, but bleeding has now spread to 2/3rds accross the eye and across central vision, thats why I had to have an urgent injection as the swelling was increasing.  Have had it for about 3 weeks now.  I am from New Zealand and don't use facebook, but I could do some research on the Chinese herbs.  I also have small vessel disease (Microvascular angina), so am a bit cautious about using different things.  Doctors are puzzled as to why I had an eye bleed, as my heart arteries are 'clean', or use to be, my BP is controlled by tablets.  I had never heard of this type of bleed before.  Thanks for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.