CFS, fibromyalgia, diabetes thyroid, anxiety and stress

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a type 1 diabetic with an underactive thyroid and have been diagonosed or rather told i have CFS and fibromyalgia two years ago. I am always tired, i can ;t concentrate and have terrible brain fog. when im not sleeping or resting i try to get the basics done but get exhausted very quickly. when i try to go for a walk i can end up hurting quite easily...sometimes i feel like my hips have been pulled out and put back in and i can get immobile....sit for a while and then i can get back up again. i'm fed up of feeling so weak and useless and just holding up my arms to hang washing can be a big task depending on the day....i can manage more some days......i ache and i;m tired.....i've been trying to lose weight too as i need to but very unsuccessfully and that really has got me down...im uncomfortable and want to make it better but don't know what else to do. have been referred to pain clinic but the wait for each stage is very long and it seems its a talk about it approach to manage your condition. I am confused as im sure the dr's are if they were to admit it....fibro, CFS diabetes and thyroid issues could give me the same symptoms so how do i know which one is really is and who do i go to for help? i have brittle diabetes and am insulin resistant...my diabetologist won't consider a thyroid change as its not the norm or necessary.....where as i've done my research and there are potential benefits.......what if i could eliminate these symptoms....i could work and get my life back...

I have also had terrible anxiety and a lot of stress in recent years which i am sure contribute to all of this....i've done councelling, EFT, antidepressants...for years now i have been aware that in going for a walk i feel like i have been injected with lead and i feel so heavy and exhausted and unable to continue...have had to of course to get home but felt very unwell with it and then just slept!

I also have IBS and have recently been put on creon, an enzyme to replace the one i don't have any more?

.thoughts advice anything....thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Aww Hunni I know how you feel In the past 3 yrs I have been told I have fibromyalgia / fatigue / spondalosis bottom of spine and top of spine / arthritis in both knees / type 2 diabetic  depression is ok at mo so I understand how u feel there's a lot I cannot do due to weakness tiredness  and pain  and I normally fall over or down the stairs  but now I sleep down stairs  cos of my fall 5 wks ago  it left me with  pulled ligament in my shoulder n arm 

sending you gentle hugs x

• Posted

Thanks for replying....that sounds awful for you sad I am in a bungalow and so I sleep downstairs.....I tried doing more than I should have done about 7 weeks ago because I wanted to be involved with the family and didn.t want to look lazy......I have suffered for it ever since...but I want to build up my strength.....im determined but the lack of weight loss and diabetes good bloods just beats me at times!!.. sending gentle hugs backatcha smile ...
    • Posted

yw moomin my ot wants my houseing ppl to give us a bungalow im always thinking i should be doing this and doing that  cos i feel as if im being lazy and i wanna see my kids grow even though there teens i should be a proper mother to them not mum that can hardly do anything without pain 

like today im in so much pain from head to toe  and i so need to need to tidy my kitchen and do the machines and i cant get the husband to do it cos he rolls his eyes and sighs which makes me feel like im being a pain in the rear and i sit in my chair and dont say anything or just go and do the job either way i cant win lol hugs xx

• Posted

its very hard isn't it. I did some Emotional Freedom Technique work last year and it definatly made some improvements for me. before that i was sleeping most of the day. my husband changed over time as i'm sure we all do but he got fed up with me because of dr's appointments etc......anyway long and short of it he kicked me out and the children and i had to relocate. luckily my family has been amazing...but the stress wa was terrible....onwards and upwards.....find something to smile about each day and make something special with your kids smile
    • Posted

It is very hard at times but cos I have my children and see my granddaughter every wkend keeps me positive a lot but I get negative days like the rest

im so sorry to hear about you and ur husband and it's good you have family there for you 

I have been refered to a falls clinic cos my balance isn't that good so I'm hoping they will be able to help me  xx

• Posted

Sorry that I did not see this post before.  Hope you are finding relief.  I was diagnosed with fibromyaligia with every trigger point when I was 54. (I am a type one diabetic )     I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease at the age of 39.  At the age of 54 I was shuffling around like an old, old woman. I couldn't even lift one leg over the other.  I had an appointment with a rheumatologist and he was the one who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia.  He also told me if something was not done to move those muscles that I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 60.  He gave me a list of stretches and said to begain very slowly and yes it hurt.  My husband had to lift my leg over the other at first.  Slowly it got better and now unless I sit for long period of time (in a car, watching tv, in a doctor's waiting room) I am much better and I am able to follow a regular exercise program.  I don't know if this will help you but I do know that I suffered from the extreme tiredness, brain fog and pain that you described.  Now with my type one diabetes and Hypothyroidism under control and slow build up of neglected muscles (due to the extreme fatigue I felt before) I am feeling much better.  Did it cure anything for me? Nope! But it did help me feel better.

Good luck and don't give up.  If you found a different way from mine, let me know.

Cheers,

Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.