New to Fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 3 on Fluoxetine, I've been feeling very tired, with an extremely sore neck and headache

All I can do is lay in bed. I usually go to sleep around 10:30pm and wake up at 6:30am, feeling like I haven't slept for days.

Am I thinking to much or are these side effects? I am very anxious to carry on taking these, as I'm scared they'll get worse. Feeling mentally exhausted is one thing, but adding physical exhaustion will be on a next level. 

I have currently been signed off now for two months, but only just plucked up the courage to start taking them. 

Does anyone now how long the side effects last for? 

sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI Abbie

yes im afraid tirdness is a major side effect im on week six and still feel exhausted at times! but im sticking with them as most of the other side effects have eased off the first two weeks are definately the worse so hang in there! and good luck sharon xxx

• Posted

Hi I have been on them just under 3 weeks now, and to be honest I'm still exhausted, but I know it's getting better as I have some good days which I never got before taking Prozac. I also didn't want to take these tablets but I couldn't of carried on the way I was before . Stick to taking them as they don't work overnight and even tho I have the exhaustion things are better now than what they was before mentally, people say its 6 weeks before you feel the full effects, so persist with side effects, go with it and hopefully you should soon be on the up 
  • Posted

Im taking it for PMDD, Last month was my first month and for those two weeks I took it (20mg) at night when I went to bed. Great sleeping! Also tired during the day, not feeling myself etc, lack of appetite (not too bad Side Effect) yawning but felt calmer, not anxious.  This month I thought I would cut the dose in half by taking it every other night and a little less side effects but not such a good help either so...probably will go back to 20 mg next month. better this month hang in there
  • Posted

Day 9! 

So I decided to carry on taking fluoxetine, the side effects are slowly wearing down, however I still get awful headaches, but have had a few hours where I've felt more optimistic! 

This morning however, I've been nothing but violently sick, accompanied by the shakes and feeling cold to the bone. My work are being very uncooperative and not understanding about me being off sick, so maybe it's just because the anxiety and worry are at an all time high? We will see! 

• Posted

It took me a couple of months before I saw a difference the symptoms gradually go away

When are you taking your medication? I tried taking it in the morning but I wasn't able to function for work so I take it at the same time every night before bed it's helped me sleep!

I just recently had my medication increased to 40mg and am currently experiencing some side effects but I know they will eventually subside it takes time smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.