Colitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey just wondering if anyone that has taken fluoxitine and afterwards been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis a bowel disease...

Fluoxetine gave me diarrhoea from day one and when i stopped after about a week it never stopped, just got worse. Few months later was diagnosed with UC.

I am looking for a link between the two, so anyone knows anyone please let me know.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I was diagnosed with colitis many years ago I was lucky enough to see a doctor who prescribed Mesalazine (I think that's how it was spelt) Anyway it was magic and my symptoms cleared immediately. If this is any help?
  • Posted

:D Hello.I do not believe that taking AD'S can cause UC.If anything it will help as alot of the symptoms of UC can be bought on by stress.UC is a disease that is managed and controlled by meds-I am sure you already know that anyway.I think once the AD's start to kick in you will feel alot better.Keep in touch with your GP on how you are feeling.Keep a diary of your side effects.I think diet illimination is a good way to control your UC and I think that anyone suffering with UC will agree that it really can make you low and get you down.I hope this helps you and I wish you all the best foe a speedy recovery.You will get there,just give it a bit of time :wink: Love P .xx
  • Posted

The cause of Colitis is unknown this much they do know.

To me this means that the thing that causes colitis is many fold. Genes to enviroment to skin colour to diet, all have a part to play. This is compounded by the "cure" being different for each person. And then completely confounded by meds working well for a while then stop working.

No wonder the medics struggle to get a handle on colitis.

Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.