Losartan Weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Losartan 50mg for 10 weeks since changing from ramipril. I have put on 6 pounds in weight in that time. Anyone else had this sort of weight gain on Losartan ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kevbach I have put on 10lbs in the last year but I have put this down to my mental state caused bu losartan. I have no motivation and have felt physically and mentally lethargic and undertook very little exercise.

Regards 

Kev

• Posted

Hi Ken, I too have added a few extra pounds since a similar change to 100mg from Ramapril. I have felt a bit lethargic and have a noticably lower stamina level, although the aches, pains, cough etc, suffered with Ramapril have gone. Annual review in a few weeks so will talk to Dr. about my issues.
  • Posted

I have felt very lethargic as well and have no motivation to exercise unless encouraged to do so by my wife or squash partner. I have gone from being an active 41 year old playing squash at least once a week and running twice a week to an overweight lazy 41 year old struggling to run a mile once a week.
    • Posted

Hi Kev (sorry about previous typo) I think that lethargy is a side effect as I have seen this comment several times. For me this is almost acceptable because of the bad side effects from Ramapril. My BP is fluctuating more than with Ramapril, but that could be because of work issues. It's all good fun (not) !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.