Sore forearm for some weeks now

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope someone can help.

ive Been suffering for some weeks now with a very sore right forearm.

went to the doctors and was told it was tennis elbow.

did what she told me regarding pain killers, exercises etc.

4 weeks later it's worse than ever.. 

Really painfull . Not sleeping very well as the pain wakes me up.

im a HGV driver and apart from plugging in air and electric cables from wagon to trailer, I'm steering. After a few minutes (20) or so, I can't raise my right arm without severe pain.

ive used frozen peas, hot water bottle, squeezing tennis ball and squash ball.

in agony most of the time.

going back to doctors Tuesday. Can't take much more.

can anyone help.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You seem to be doing right Jezza,  I suffer from tennis elbow at times and find that I usually end up at the physiotherapist.  I now have a brace that I put on when it is bad.  Prescribed by a Physiotherapist.  This is a real boon and has saved me some pain. I believe you can get them in most pharmacies and I have even seen a version of them in pound shops.  It is just a velcro strap and hard support that goes around the arm just below the elbow.  Maybe if you can get one you could try strapping to see if this helps relieve your pain.  I rarely have cortizone injections when really bad which have been successful but I believe I shouldn't have too many of them.  Last one has left me without pain for the past year...touch wood.  Had one op on a frozen shoulder too which didn't respond to physio..  Cause arthritis
    • Posted

Thanks chrisy. 

I have had an elbow brace for 4 weeks and does absolutely nothing. The pain is constant.  Have to use a straw In my cup as I can't lift cup to mouth without discomfort. Can't lift anything without pain. I rest it when I can but being right handed I find it very difficult to do. Thinking of a figure of 8 sling to totally immobilise the arm but not really sure. I'm going back to the doctors today to see what the next step could be.

• Posted

Sorry been off line a few days.  I hope you got sorted at the doctors Jezza.  I know how painful this can be.
    • Posted

Hiya chrissy

having injections on FridayFriday

• Posted

Hi Jezza,

Hope all goes well.  You will be sore for a little while after the injection but when that wears off you should be pain free and able to move your arm again, it is magic.  If not I would go back to docs but that has never happened to me. 

• Posted

Let's hope so.

cant take much more. Should have gone sooner

• Posted

Hi Jezza,

Really glad you are pain free.  Hope it lasts, now you have to look after that arm.  Don't overwork it, just use it normally.  Careful when carrying those heavy shopping bags.  That is what usually causes me problems.  All the best. x

• Posted

Hi chrisy.

1 week on and all is well.

no pain at all. Still wearing a support tho when working but otherwise good.

thanks for the chat.

You on facebook at all.

look me up

Jeremy J Dugdale

• Posted

Sorry don't use facebook unless I have to. Glad things are good now. Take care

• Posted

Hello,

don't take any medictaion for it. It is best to rather let it cure itself or to take some natural medicine for it. Don't overload your body with bad stuff.

• Posted

Sounds like you have be doing what you should in order to get your pain and injury under control.  I would seriously consider using your unaffected arm for two weeks to see how that goes.  It sounds like you are quite frustrated so why not use your other arm more often, especially while driving and plugging in the cables.  

Can't hurt to give it a try.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.