Left side testicle rock hard 10 days post vasectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everybody I just was wondering who has suffered the same and it's actually got better!? I suffer no pain ok maybe a slight ache if my testicle is squeezed/squashed but it's very hard to touch, I'm 10 days in post op and it's pretty much been ok had swelling that's gone down, I'm just concerned about the hardness of my testicle and the cause!?  I'm seeing my GP in the morning and gonna book an ultrasound to check over my jewels. 

Thoughts!??????

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Probably bruising to start with. I am afraid, both mine regularly go rock hard, at either different times or the same. It's down to sperm production and not being absorbed.

i have had a nightmare with my vasectomy, and still in pain.

get checked out at the GP but don't expect any answers. I had to arrange and pay my own ultrasound.

• Posted

Nice 1 for the info I've just come from my docs and have booked an ultrasound but apart from the hard testicle and it being raised up I've no pain or any other symptoms, sorry to hear your having a tough time of it I'm sure all will eventually be resolved, I think as it's a quick procedure we  expect the healing to be quick and we all know that's not the case I shall keep my experience updated on here Cheers ouchy.
  • Posted

May I ask, what kind of vasectomy did you have? Was it open or closed ended? And did they make an incision or did they use the no-scalpel method?
  • Posted

@ piano tuner Hi it was a no scalpel vasectomy I'm not sure what you mean as in open or closed ended!? have you had it done? 
    • Posted

Getting mine done later this year, there's the option to leave the testicular end of the vas deferens open to prevent the buildup of pressure in the epididymus which is the most common cause of chronic pain. If your vasectomy was closed-ended (which most are) and you think you're suffering from congestive epidimitis and it doesn't get better it is quite easy to convert it to an open-ended vasectomy, much easier than vasectomy reversal. 
  • Posted

Cheers buddy that's good to know and I'm sure a lot of guys can relate to that piece of very useful information 
  • Posted

@deaneeman.. I just stumbled upon your post. I had the same procedure and I also have the rock hard testicle and it's raised up.. what was your prognosis and result after you went back to the doctor?? 

• Posted

Can take a month or more to get back to normal. Mine were bad and I ended up in A&E the pain was that bad. Further operation a year later and again very very swollen that took weeks to go down. Docs usually say they have seen them the size of melons so don't worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.