how long dose it take to come off dihedral codeine

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been takeing 8 30mg tabs a day for six months while waiting for hip replacment , I cut down to two at night four weeks ago now for three nights I havent had any , I feel fine apat from insomnia im only going to sleep at three to four in the morning , and only sleeping four hours a night , any idea how long this will last Sandra Steele 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra , it can take a few weeks before you start to feel back  to normal.

its best to do what your doing just taper Dow n slowly. I myself once took them 

for eighteen months and I just cut down quickly for about a week and withdrawal

wasnt very good, so I suggest you keep taking one until you feel ok then cut to 

half then none or half every other day I think it just depends everyone is different

But I do know if you take long term it takes longer to get off them

hope this helps Ann 

• Posted

Thanks so much ann I felt like drug addict reading all these post ! I have had none for four nights , feel ok execpt for the insomnia , I did cut down slowly so think I should be ok ,Thanks so much for the advice Sandra 
  • Posted

Hi yes I know what you mean your doing really well just try and keep going your be ok

i went back on DH for two months and have been able to give up on just over a week

still have a little withdrawal but ok  stay strong you will be ok it will past. Every day is a day nearer of being without this drug stay strong email me anytime Ann x

• Posted

Hi Sandra sounds like you doing great! I'm trying for a baby and been on diadrocodiene for five years and it's soooo hard coming off them. Keep goin your doing great 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.