how to use rectogesic

Posted , 2 users are following.

As a surgeon prescibing GTN for many years I can tell you it works just as well if you rub it into the skin just outside the anus.

You do not need to put in inside and I don't understand why the makers of rectogesic suggest this.

Peter Jones

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are a lifesaver Dr Jones...

It is extremely painful trying to apply that ointment way inside. Most of the time I tought I was not doing it right and that is why I was not healing.

I guess I have to be patient. It will take tame and many applications. Right?

Thank you!

• Posted

6 weeks treatment will cure about 80% of fissures
    • Posted

Dr Jones...

Just three more questions. I am not a 'water drinker' and I know this is critical for healing. I don't believe I suffer from constipation but always the first section coming out is hard enough to hurt my fissures.

How much water in reality should I be consuming a day and can juices and milk be part of it?

If I take a stool softener to help...do I need to consume more water of that recommended?

For how long can I safely take stool softeners without my body creating a habit?

So sorry for imposing but THANK YOU so much for your time.

• Posted

Peter,

Do you think this is the best ointment for internal hemorrhoids? I have flare ups every now and then and when I experience any blood, I use this ointment. It helps but does bring a sore head which lasts a minute or two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.