Age 39, Hydrocele since I was young, operated on 8 days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a Hydrocele since I was in my late teens, I'm now 39. It made one testicle about 4 or 5 times the size of the other. Eventually, decided to have it dealt with privately. I was in and out on the same day, knocked out for the op and it took about 30-45 minutes. I was given Co-codomal for pain which I took for three days after op. Little bit of bleeding on the day of the op, but apart from that no other complications. Was able to move around fairly freely 3 days after the op and sleeping was easier as I like to sleep on my side and that was too sore initially.

It's now 8 days later and I'm back in work with only a little bit of discomfort now and again, won't start sports for another week or two and I'm told the swelling will take about 2-3 months to go down fully. Looks like I will have a noticeable scar from the incision as it was a pretty big cut.

All in all, fairly minor surgery, but be prepared to spend a week at home and the first few days completely off your feet. Obviously will depend on size of Hydrocele and a complication free surgery.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry Nuts,

Thanks for you information. Just wondering if you are married, If Then,Did it affect your sex life and fertility?

• Posted

I got my hydrocelectomy 10 days ago and everything looks good except that deep scar it looks really deep. I hope that it will fulfil somehow :\ tried to find pic at google from some operated guy but i wasnt able to find.  At least if you can give me the info about this .... will be good. The scar is  filled or is it always like a hole ? sad 
    • Posted

Sont worry about the scar it will be fine afyer a few weeks, mine took about 3-4 weeks to fully close up 3 months later its not very noticeable. The swelling is whats my issue its still the size of an egg Dr. wants another ultrasound if the swelling hasnt reduced before my next visit (4 months post surgery) hopefully you have a better experience. My best advice is dont overdue it the first 3 to 4 weeks and get some good supportive underwear like tighty whiteys and wear them for a month or two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.