ramipril 2.5 side affects

Posted , 4 users are following.

just an update on my meds im no longer on ramipril 2.5. The doctor at hospital changed them last night as they finally got down to the cause of my server dizziness problems which we thought might only be due to an ear infection turns out it was also down to the ramipril as well. Im now on LOSARTAN POTASSIUM Tablets 50 mg. Just started them today so ill keep you uptown date on how they go.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

good luck with the Losartan,hope the dizziness disappears. I also was changed from Ramipril to the same dose of Losartan and have had no unpleasant side effects whatever other than the very occasional light headedness.  They have lowered my blood pressure considerably that I've now had the dose reduced from 50mg to 2.5mg. I'm happy with that so long as it remains stable.  Time will tell. 
  • Posted

Jai, Snap!  I was also switched from Ramipril to Losartan because of feeling really unwell on the former, including bouts of nausea.  Have been on the Losartan for several months or more now and so far so good.  My pharmacist has said that Losartan is the one drug he hears the least complaints about from his customers.  I do hope that proves to be the case for you too.
    • Posted

Thankyou. MrsO 

Hopefully there is an end to my illness I know I'll be on blood pressure pills for the rest of my life which I can cope with. But the side effects that I had from ramipril where unbearable. So I have my fingers crossed for my current medication. And it's nice to hear a positive about Losartan. 

• Posted

I have been suffering from dizziness and itching for about ten weeks. The GP diagnosed an ear infection too. But a virus should not have lasted so long. I am beginning to feel the culprit is Ramipril.I have been on it for several years but not had the vertigo until recently. I am also on many different prescription drugs. Too numerous to mention. I will stop the Ramipril for a while to see if I have found the answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.